Author Topic: Lutron announces they will discontinue dimmable fluorescent ballasts by 2024  (Read 594 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Lutron announces they will discontinue dimmable fluorescent ballasts by 2024 « on: October 17, 2023, 03:52:14 PM » Author: HIDLad001
When I was browsing Lutron's website today, I saw a notice when I was looking in their fluorescent ballast section that said:

Notice: Lutron will stop selling ballasts by the end of 2023
Ballasts are available now only for a limited time and in short supply. If you currently have fluorescent lamps, upgrading is as easy as replacing those lamps and ballasts with LED lamps and drivers. Don't get left in the dark. Learn more about simple and available retrofit solutions.

I guess this means the end of dimmable fluorescent ballasts, because I don't know of any other manufacturers still making them.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Lutron announces they will discontinue dimmable fluorescent ballasts by 2024 « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 05:28:14 PM » Author: Burrito
Wait, they still make dimmable fluorescent ballasts?

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Lutron announces they will discontinue dimmable fluorescent ballasts by 2024 « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 07:27:40 PM » Author: HIDLad001
For the rest of the year, yes.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Lutron announces they will discontinue dimmable fluorescent ballasts by 2024 « Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 07:48:04 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I was more surprised they make them. I wonder what retrofit solution do they recommend, I'm not aware of any ballast drop in LEDs that are dimmable but I do know of some direct wire LED retrofits that dim with standard LED dimmer switches.

As for normal ballasts, I suppose they might remain on sale for longer and as replacements for systems with ballast compatible LEDs. IIRC LEDvance makes a LED T8 "ballast" that's basically a instant start T8 ballast but labelled as LED only.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies