Author Topic: Philips Halogena Energy Saver Lamps - They might be junk...  (Read 5400 times)
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Philips Halogena Energy Saver Lamps - They might be junk... « Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 01:11:00 AM » Author: FGS
I'll PM the text to ye. I mean this file was nearly one year old before I become a member here. (November 15 2005)

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Philips Halogena Energy Saver Lamps - They might be junk... « Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 11:11:57 AM » Author: Foxtronix
Jace: I know, but the problem is with the manufacturers. We don't really know if they will start to produce energy-saving incandescent to replace the current ones or just leave them in 2012...

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Philips Halogena Energy Saver Lamps - They might be junk... « Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 04:15:02 PM » Author: Silverliner
At this time direct halogen replacements for incandescents look doubtful because of speculation that LED retrofit lamps will be ready and even competitively priced within 5 years or so. But you never know, its hard to predict exactly what will happen. So far in North America only Philips got into the higher efficiency incandescent game with an actual product and it isn't even a perfect one.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Philips Halogena Energy Saver Lamps - They might be junk... « Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 07:31:14 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Okay those Philips Halogen lamps that I installed back in December 2007 or so has done a great deal of promised hours! One of the two Philips Halogens energy saver I installed today went dim, then stay dim half of the lumens for about 2 to 3 hours then went out! So I have had them for almost or about 3 years! One is still working!!! They were used daily!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Philips Halogena Energy Saver Lamps - They might be junk... « Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 07:20:51 PM » Author: Silverliner
I just found that a dance studio near the school where I am taking electrical classes is 100% lit by Philips Halogena Energy Saver T60 soft whites. Pretty cool lites.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies