Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 93868 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #135 on: May 17, 2013, 11:26:09 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Don't you hate it in those lighting dreams when you find something really cool then the dream ends before you can grab it?
Last night I had one in which I was in a sporting goods/marine supply store I know in real life, which in the dream was going out of business. Since of course they were having their whole going-out-of-business-total-liquidation sale everything was for sale for cheap.  They had a corkboard with a "classifieds" section for some of the stuff they were getting rid of, and it listed none other than a case of Norelco F40CWs!
I went to the counter and asked the lady (who I also know in real life) about then and was about to shell out $20 when the dream ended...
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #136 on: May 17, 2013, 01:32:55 PM » Author: Ash
Its a dream so you can't really get anything anyway. What you can take out of a dream to the real world is knowing something, so i'd say the same about eg seeing something in a dream and the dream ends before you could see what ballast was there, lamp etch etc...

But the dreams come more.... I had 2 of them now in a row

I (a sparky, but also a pokemon master dont forget....) was going on some urbex, and met a fella girl (well not really girl, my age) who acquired an old building which used to be an old factory, and intended to make it into a gallery

I came in. The place looked like an old 60's hall, with quite weird proportions - like a cube standing above the earth, all built of very rough surfaced unpainted concrete, about 15x15x15m, one big room. A square spiral of stairs without hand rails stands in the mid of the room (off center though) going from the floor allmost to the ceiling, but ending somewhat below without reaching anything. I realise that if glass floors (lined up with the staircase's landings) and walls would be installed, this would be an awesome gallery

There were plastic meltlights installed through the staircase and in some spots in the top ceiling. They were mostly broken. I wanted to inspect them closer, though i had no ladder that is even close to the height needed to look at them, let alone reach them. But i proceded anyway....

I chose Chandela (for the US translation pokemon folks out there : Chandelure), a pokemon in gen 5 which looks like a light fixture on his own.... I asked him to use Psychic to lift me to the ceiling - i sorta became weightless and could float in any direction by thought, as well as summon tools from the floor 3 floors below me by stretching my hand in their direction. I began disassembling the light fixtures from there in order to make a few in good condition out of the lot and install them only through the staircase, and later we'd order some track lights for the main room (as should be in a gallery...)

The fela walked into the room way down below me and looked at me stunned as if im floating by myself. I came down forwards her while she was running up the staircase, and we met midway through the height of the room

"I see you really like your work"
"I do. But most of all i like being along with this fella of mine" (Chandela shows himself)
"You are one of ours. Come with me"

Next thing i knew, we were going down thestaircase, and it went to a dark underground floor, which apparently used to be a production floor of the factory, but was now empty. There were numerous ex-proof fluorescent fixtures installed there with 4ft lamps

She told me that what he really looks into doing is opening a ghost type pokemon gym, which looks like unuspecting art gallery to visitors which are not Pokemon masters. Not only she found a sparky that would help with the upper floor gallery, but one who is into pokemon too and can build up all the place

I looked at the light fittings and recommended to convert all the ex-proof fittings to BLB lamps and leave only a few of them with normal lamps, so that it will be best for a ghost-type battlefield. I went up to one of the fitings to open and chck it insides (with the help of Chandela). I said that we better start working on this floor first since there allready are lanterns installed so we can open it earlier. We decided that for now we only want to reconnect the power, so i went to the emergency exit and opened the door after which i would reach the main panel. As i opened the door there was bright sunlight and i woke up
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #137 on: September 27, 2013, 07:15:05 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Last night I had a dream that my Electripak 175w MV yard light had one of those LOA 65w "Buster" retrofit CFLs and a couple of my neighbors installed HPS yardblasters, in the dream I saw them lit through the trees. Weird...
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #138 on: December 20, 2013, 07:35:48 PM » Author: rjluna2
Last night I dreamt that there is a machine to clean inside the incandescent light bulb :o

I inserted the bulb to the machine with the base down.  The water started to fill inside the bulb to wash it.  Once it drained, I attempted to light it up in the machine and it did.  I popped the bulb out of the machine and I can see the needle hole mark at the base of the cap as if the needle was inserted through the stem to fill the water inside the bulb :P

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #139 on: December 20, 2013, 08:45:25 PM » Author: ace100w120v
That sounds really cool! Was it converting a "soft white" one into a clear one or something?
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #140 on: December 20, 2013, 10:38:14 PM » Author: rjluna2
IIRC, it was probably inside etch frosted bulb when it was washed :P

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #141 on: January 12, 2014, 05:52:40 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Dreamt last night that I found an 18W 2D lamp (which isn't even a standard size lol) in a store, which I decided to get. I don't recall a brand name, but the packaging somewhat resembled GE. In the dream I recalled having some sort of preheat pendant fixture that I could run it in, which is why I got it. I had to walk through the woods to get home from the store, and I was scared of crossing paths with a bear. That's where the dream ended.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #142 on: January 13, 2014, 09:03:27 AM » Author: BG101
I often have dreams about lighting and have been meaning to post in this thread for some time, one of my best ones a number of years ago was a scene of one of the local main streets with trees lining it and service roads alongside for the houses. This would be near the South end of Goodwood Road near Evington, facing North. The main road was lit with SOX on tall poles with the service roads and side streets lit by 80W mercury lanterns, the colours were very vivid and faithful to how the scene used to look years ago.

I usually have mercury-lit scenes, reminiscent of when I was young and many estates were lit with 80W MBF lanterns with the main roads being SOX. This was before many were converted entirely to SOX and, later, HPS - some of the last streets to be changed (usually with the newer steel poles rather than concrete) indeed went straight from mercury to HPS.

There are few surviving MV installations here now, a few can (hopefully) still be found around the University which I'll have to photograph.

BG

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #143 on: February 22, 2014, 12:03:55 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Last night I dreamt that I obtained two self-ballasted mercury vapor lamps, one clear and one DX, both made by General Electric. Both lamps disappointingly had lose bases that were ready to fall off. :P The DX one also had a ballast housing at the base, similar to a CFL (perhaps self-ballasted with an actual ballast? Now there's an idea! :D). I screwed the clear lamp in and turned it on, and it initially lit up a DX color (it appeared as if it was coated or frosted), before shifting to a brilliant pure blue.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #144 on: February 22, 2014, 12:15:24 AM » Author: ace100w120v
The other night I dreamt I was in a marine goods store I know in real life only they had expanded their inventory to include lots of lighting stuff.  I think in the dream the store was lit with a bunch of F96T12 2-lamp striplights with daylight Altos.
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #145 on: February 23, 2014, 09:14:38 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
A few nights ago, I dreamed I was in my old after-school center from eons ago, and it was being remodeled. I went in one of the rooms to find vintage halfpipers at eye height with the ballast covers open. I was able to examine the fixtures in great detail, and found that they were running HO T5's. I was pretty mad about running what looked like original blue label Universal ballasts with T5's. The ballasts did say "FOR TWO HO T5 LAMPS." Mind you, these fixtures looked 40's. They were also in pretty bad shape, some had the ballasts taped to the fixture.
eclipsislamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #146 on: March 19, 2014, 04:13:45 PM » Author: eclipsislamps
Had a dream ages ago of a concrete column SOX lamp post where the arm curled all the way round so the lantern faced upwards and there was a snail on it! Very random. ;D
Had another one at a later date where there was a long corridor with bends and there was one single extremely long fluorescent tube going the whole length of it curving around the corners too. It was rapid start and it took ages for the 'ionization' to get to the other end for it to strike. F5000T8 perhaps!!! ::)

Keeping electrodes hot and gases ionzied.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #147 on: April 27, 2014, 02:21:11 PM » Author: rjluna2
Last night, I dreamt that I was participating in a group that we plan on visiting a rough neighborhood that has vast array of fluorescent lights.  At first, I stopped at one of our Lighting Gallery member's apartment to discuss how to get to the neighborhood area.  The next thing I know that I am already at the rough neighborhood area apartment complex area.  One certain unit has two story high, but the first floor are all bare with studs around the rooms.  We attempted to enter the location, but the floor and the foundation is widely spaced apart where the floor is apparently floating above the abyss.  I can see literally rolls of F40T12 fluorescent light bulbs as if it was inside the barrel, but wrapped as it appears.  I also see bunch of Lenovo ThinkCentre computers as well.  Once I got inside the building, it was chaos not able to get the bulbs I wanted.  Eventually, I managed to get out of the rough neighborhood area leaving with small screw stuck on my neck that my fellow member able to pull it out :P I managed get back to one of the member's apartment with nothing on my hand.  Some fellow member was successfully grabbed bunch of F15T8 bulbs and other members also grabbed some F13T5 (Something that Danny likes :) ).  Well, that was end of the strangest dream I had :o

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #148 on: April 27, 2014, 02:55:45 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Aw man, I forgot about this thread. I've had some good ones, lately.

A couple of weeks ago I dreamt I was in a Canadian Tire store, and whilst browsing the lighting isle I came across a bunch of awesome vintage light bulbs. Among them were a vintage GE T5 of some sort, a 50 MV lamp, and a tiny lamp that looked like one of those single-cathode germicidal lamps, but it was coated with a phosphor. The dream ended when I attempted to take all of it to the check-out.

A couple of nights ago I dreamt that I was in a thrift store of some sort (it looked like a grocery store  :D), and hidden in the back of a top shelf, I find FOUR Rayovac Magnum lanterns. What a score! That dream ended when I took them to the checkout.

I had an interesting one last night. I owned two F4T5 manual preheat desk lamps. One that looked like my 6 watt desk lamp, and one rather odd one that was brown in color and had a reflector made of cardboard...! I was concerning myself with the latter one because the cardboard reflector was damaged and I wanted to try and repair it. I was also excited to try it out because I had recently acquired what I thought were two vintage GE F4T5/CW lamps. However, when I find the lamps, it turns out that neither of them are vintage or GE, and one of them ia actually an F6T5. One was branded "C.E.L." was actually was made in the USA, and the name of the other one escapes me, but it was made in China. Both were in what looked like the modern light-green GE packaging. I played with the brown desk lamp a bit before the dream ended.

;D

CrestwoodOhio

View Posts
View Gallery

josephmatthews535
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #149 on: May 01, 2014, 06:44:02 AM » Author: CrestwoodOhio
...if all the  :inc: (incandescent) model streetlights and the  :mv: (mercury vapor) model streetlight and the  :hps: (High Pressure sodium) model streetlights and the  :a_mh: (Metal Halide) model streetlights can all be used with LED or CFL 6500K Color temp light bulbs in all the light fixtures.

examples at http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEVzELJGJTzzcAuuBXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0ZnIxdG9hBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1NNRTQyNF8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=crmas&va=6500k+color+temperature
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:52:19 AM by CrestwoodOhio » Logged

6500K Color Temperature Kelvin lighting works for me. I use 6500K CFL in all my incandescent light fixtures. I use 6500K Flurescent bulbs in my flurescent fixtures. I hope prices get better and hope I find 6500K LED lighting in the future. I love energy efficient and Energy Star products. Way to go!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies