Author Topic: Where do you store your lighting-related photos and other content for LG?  (Read 949 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Where do you store your lighting-related photos and other content for LG? « on: February 28, 2021, 09:42:26 PM » Author: HPS_250
Kind of a random question, but I’m wondering where other members store their photos and other lighting-related content. Do you use a cloud service (for example iCloud or Google Drive), an external hard drive, a computer/tablet, or something else? Or do you simply upload photos to LG and then delete the original copy? I’m currently using a 2 TB external hard drive for storage of all of my data, including every lighting photo that has been uploaded here as well as some I have not uploaded.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where do you store your lighting-related photos and other content for LG? « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 09:44:04 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I store them on my new laptop.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Where do you store your lighting-related photos and other content for LG? « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 09:45:10 PM » Author: HPS_250
I store them on my new laptop.

Sounds like a good solution for now. I currently only have an iPad (with 256GB storage) so I needed an external hard drive for most photos.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Where do you store your lighting-related photos and other content for LG? « Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 09:19:31 AM » Author: LightsDelight
So far they are stored on my laptop but I'll put them up eventually on a server that I saved as it has been victim of Wannacry so a new HDD will get that sorted nicely!

Keep discharge lighting alive

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Where do you store your lighting-related photos and other content for LG? « Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 10:06:57 AM » Author: Binarix128
I store my pictures and videos in general, including lighting in my laptop, and from past years in a laptop 500GB HDD hard drive, which I mounted in a hard disk case with USB 2.0. I also have some savings on DVD disks.

I'd never use cloud storing services like Google Drive or dropbox, there's no guarantee that the data could get lost or if they're selling your data for advertising.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 10:10:19 AM by Binarix128 » Logged
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Where do you store your lighting-related photos and other content for LG? « Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 04:19:47 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I just put them on my phone and orgainse the photos using google slides, then saving the complations on my computer. :)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Where do you store your lighting-related photos and other content for LG? « Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 06:48:54 PM » Author: joseph_125
Most of mine are stored on my desktop computer which has 4TB storage with a full local backup and online backup for the important files. If you're really paranoid about cloud backups providers snooping on your data, there's always the option to use a open source or other tool to encrypt the images before uploading.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies