Author Topic: Best low mercury T12 tube  (Read 2843 times)
Random Guy
Best low mercury T12 tube « on: June 30, 2009, 10:57:18 AM » Author: Random Guy
At my church, just about every fixture has at least 1 failed lamp, and I was wondering what you guys thought was the best low mercury T12 tube was (Full mercury tubes don't seem to be available locally.)  I know that y'all don't like Alto's, but that leaves Sylvania Ecologic and GE Ecolux.  Color would be Cool White, of course.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Best low mercury T12 tube « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 01:28:30 PM » Author: dor123
All T12 fluorescent With low mercury are piece of crap. if you want a low mercury lamp with high performance please advance to the new T5 lamps. they are super bright, operating on electronic ballast and have a life of 24000h.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mr. Big
Re: Best low mercury T12 tube « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 04:10:23 PM » Author: Mr. Big
Are full mercury tubes still available?
Mr. Big
Re: Best low mercury T12 tube « Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 08:51:44 PM » Author: Mr. Big
All T12 fluorescent With low mercury are piece of crap. if you want a low mercury lamp with high performance please advance to the new T5 lamps. they are super bright, operating on electronic ballast and have a life of 24000h.

Sorry to say, but not all low mercury T12s are pieces of crap, I'm quite fond of GE Ecolux lamps, they last there rated lives!
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Best low mercury T12 tube « Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 09:05:10 PM » Author: Patrick
In the 4' size, it looks like Sylvania's F40/CWP is full mercury and full wattage.  The same goes for F40/CWX.  Keep in mind that the light output of these phosphors is a little lower than standard cool white, although the CRI is higher.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Best low mercury T12 tube « Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 10:04:00 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I agree, so far Sylvania are recommended, they even still make some specific tubes made in the USA....So far I must say for T-12s use Sylvania!

There would be some reasons why thicker tubes can be better design is in some cases depending on the ballast used, sometimes when thinner tubes dies sometimes something happens on the ends and it starts rectifying and causes some cracking or burning on the glass and at times the tube will break....

I don't see that type of issue happen on T-12s but on T-8s and I can imagin on T-5 too

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Random Guy
Re: Best low mercury T12 tube « Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 12:09:06 PM » Author: Random Guy
I agree, so far Sylvania are recommended, they even still make some specific tubes made in the USA....So far I must say for T-12s use Sylvania!...

I know that GE makes at least some of their T8s in Canada (I have 6 Canadian GE F32T8s), but where do they make their T12s?  I have a GE F20T12 that is probably from the '80s, and that was made in the US.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Best low mercury T12 tube « Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 02:15:44 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I am not too sure......someone may know....but as for your F20T12.....to find out the date....ask Silverliner....his name is Dave.....I'll let him know about this topic and im sure he will be MORE than happy to date your lamp, he knows how to read GE lamp date codes on the etch! (dots and lines on them)

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Best low mercury T12 tube « Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 05:04:10 PM » Author: Silverliner
Random Guy,

Welcome to L-G!

Jace (Tudorwhiz) referred me to this thread, and yep thats me (Silverliner).

I'd be happy to help date your lamps. You can send me a private message or email me at chipsfan77@gmail.com or post pics of the lamps and I'll help date em.

By the way both GE and Sylvania T-12s are still decent so you can't go wrong using them. You can get a good deal at Lowes.

Regards, Dave

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies