Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 262251 times)
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1590 on: May 07, 2024, 04:20:53 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Today I just finished making a spreadsheet for my lamps. For halogen and incandescents, I don't know wattage, shape or base specifications so it will be horribly wrong.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1591 on: May 07, 2024, 09:50:58 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
What is the ordering code for them? I wasn’t even aware they made ceramic metal halide specific ones.

It's not CMH specific , Sorry !  :-[  I've never owned a 50w that's not CMH . I know they make them , I've just never owned one .  I paid $1 per watt for this one . I've bought them as cheap as $20 w/free shipping !! NOW , to figure out where I'll use them all !!  :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1592 on: May 09, 2024, 07:02:28 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Today I made a F4T5 fixture with a 5w cfl ballast. The capacitor was too tall so I put it outside. I also added a switch to the cord and a neon indicator.

245v 50Hz

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1593 on: May 09, 2024, 09:42:32 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Nice work.!  :love: :sfl:
Gaffer tape has lots of uses.  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1594 on: May 09, 2024, 11:15:29 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Thanks!
It is eating up my F4T5 6500k and BLB tube though, I won't be using it much.

245v 50Hz

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1595 on: May 13, 2024, 11:37:08 AM » Author: suzukir122
Meant to post about it yesterday but forgot... installed my final two Metal Halide wallpacks in my garage, making it eight wallpacks total.
Recorded video of them firing up yesterday as well but debating on uploading that video since the cords protruding everywhere near the garage
door opener makes it look a bit messy... still gotta tidy everything up.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1596 on: May 13, 2024, 12:49:10 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Today I found two 36w tubes on the side of the road, and I decided that they will be my lab rats for homemade grooved tubes. I don't think it is possible to bend the tubes at an angle but I will try it soon.
(I will use my dead tubes fIrst then these working ones)

245v 50Hz

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1597 on: May 17, 2024, 08:10:10 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Smashed up several hundred used and EoL 3000K & 4100k T8s in the dumpster.   :police:
A contractor changed out all the tubes in one building from 3000K to 4100K.  I thought they were going to upgrade to LED, but they decided to go one more round with fluorescents, for which I am glad.  The 4100K look good in this particular church building because it recently got new blue carpeting which reflect the 4100k much better than the old 3000K.  The old 3000K were mostly 2nd and 3rd gen Sylvania Ecologic/Octron & 2nd Gen GE, as well as some 1st gen Philips Altos.  (the Philips were EoL a long time ago but were high up in an area that I could not access) 

They installed the latest gen of T8 4100k from GE which, like Philips and Sylvania latest gen, don't last as long as previous generations, sadly.  It's the manufacturers way of encouraging people to go with more expensive LED, I suppose.  <sigh> Though I do like how bright these 900 series are, and that they are not as dim at cold start up, as the 700 and 800 series were. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies