Author Topic: My experience with running 110V 60Hz inductive ballasts on 120V 60Hz  (Read 26 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
My experience with running 110V 60Hz inductive ballasts on 120V 60Hz « on: Today at 05:26:24 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After being well aware of people in the USA often referring to ā€œ110Vā€ and ā€œ120Vā€ as the common household voltage and using the 2 voltage ratings interchangeably, I decided to use this sort of thinking to run 110V 60Hz inductive lag type discharge lamp ballasts on 120V 60Hz supplies. In this test, I have tried using some Japanese FCL30 circline fluorescent lamps on some Japanese market FCL30 preheat circline fluorescent series choke ballasts that were specifically rated for 110V 60Hz supplies and here is what I got for the results of running these ballasts on 120V 60Hz supplies:

lamp runs at a current of 0.72A instead of the 0.62A is is rated for according to the ballast label.

In this case the lamp is running at around 16% above its rated current. What do you think of these results?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies