Author Topic: How can I fire up my induction lamp?  (Read 253 times)
Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

How can I fire up my induction lamp? « on: May 27, 2024, 01:57:09 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
A while ago I found a circular induction lamp in a lamp bin, though because this is my first induction lamp I don't know how to fire it up ???.
Can someone please help me out?

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: How can I fire up my induction lamp? « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 11:56:45 PM » Author: RRK
You need a highly specialized generator circuit at about 240kHz and about 130W to do this properly. See an example in my collection. https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=8069

Some crude MOSFET oscillator circuit as done on youtube might light it up if you manage to match the impedance of inductors and get about right frequency. Such circuits are tricky.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: How can I fire up my induction lamp? « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2024, 07:43:49 AM » Author: dor123
Unfortunately: There are no standards in this field of induction lamps. Philips made the QL for their proprietary HF generator, and so Osram/Sylvania Endura/Icetron and others.
For the round Chinese ones, I don't know if they have large range of HF generators, as there is no standards for the operating frequency for induction lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: How can I fire up my induction lamp? « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024, 12:42:35 PM » Author: Richmond2000
these types show up on EBAY sometimes and you might find someone with drivers listed separately but the Chinese ones where often sold as a kit and NOT separate
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies