Author Topic: MV vs HPS lamps.  (Read 5659 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: MV vs HPS lamps. « Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 11:19:24 AM » Author: Solanaceae
And some of the igniters are terrible. I opened the one from the cooper fixture and it was a few resistors, a transistor, and some sketchy looking coils. The components have been wrecked by humidity and the igniter wouldn't always start the bulb. It's a good thing I took it from service before it burnt up.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MV vs HPS lamps. « Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 12:29:56 PM » Author: Ash
I havwe one which plastic can filled up with water (not just humidity, actual liquid water)

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=2096&pos=18&pid=57169

An ignitor does not have to be any more complex than that, i seen ignitors that dont have the coils at all too. If the worksmanship is tacky thats another question

What really does look tacky to me is the "circuit board in the open" sort of ignitors i seen in some online pictures (none in real life yet). Those look quite unreliable (easy moisture/insect damage) and not safe
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: MV vs HPS lamps. « Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 01:30:40 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Mine was one where it had plastic case with slots cut out for ventilation. I have an old potted advance one that is metal cased and is pretty sturdy.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies