Author Topic: MH Legalities  (Read 3660 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: MH Legalities « Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 05:47:40 PM » Author: Lumex120
Probe start metal halide fixtures are supposedly banned in the US but I have seen brand new probe start metal halide installations after 2008.

Unofficial LG Discord

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MH Legalities « Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 06:15:21 PM » Author: wattMaster
To be more specific: The bans are all only about general service lighting.
A flashlight is not a general service lighting, but a special use. But I think the commercial market pressure will make the incandescents to end very soon there. I have strong doubts any new ones are really still made, I would rather guess all ot os just selling off the inventory...

The "Long life", "rough service", "signal" and similar are again special service lamps, so not affected by the bans.
Wait, take a look at candlepowerforums.com and you'll see that incandescent flashlights are a lively thing.
And you could just market a general service bulb as a long life one compared to, say, 500 hours.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

BlueHalide

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MH Legalities « Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 07:29:45 PM » Author: BlueHalide
Zarlog, I just installed some brand new 250w probe start wall packs, ballasts manufactured in 2013, and the fixtures even newer. Also catalogs still include probe start high-bays.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MH Legalities « Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 01:19:38 AM » Author: Medved
And you could just market a general service bulb as a long life one compared to, say, 500 hours.

The most important is, it is clearly labeled as "not for general use", with the "crossed house" pictogram or so. Then it legally becomes a special purpose lamp, not covered by the bans. And to be able to defend that, it is just sufficient to "invent" some "special characteristic", why it is a "special purpose" lamp.

Yes, it is really crazy nonsense, but that are anyway all those bureaucratic regulations. It just legally works.

No more selfballasted c***

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MH Legalities « Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 06:52:58 AM » Author: wattMaster

The most important is, it is clearly labeled as "not for general use", with the "crossed house" pictogram or so. Then it legally becomes a special purpose lamp, not covered by the bans. And to be able to defend that, it is just sufficient to "invent" some "special characteristic", why it is a "special purpose" lamp.

Then you could apply the magic of marketing and put the crossed house symbol in a low visibility area.
And you could add phrases like "Replaces 60 watt" or "60 watt equivalent".

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies