Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 55430 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #165 on: January 05, 2022, 04:23:50 PM » Author: AngryHorse
For the last two days me and my colleague have been working on our new Johnston C201 sweeper for the yard at work, now when I say new, it’s only new to us!, it’s second hand and came at a reasonable price, but it still has its little niggles to sort out!
But the best about fixing the problem’s yourself, you learn so much more about it than you would a brand new one!  :D

It’s a fun learning curve if you’re mechanically minded, and so far we’ve fixed a hydraulic leak on the steering, re-positioned the pickup hose and set the suction shoe to its recommended setting, cleaned and repaired a fuel cut out problem, and got the water recruiting system running smoothly.

We then took it for a sweep test around the yard for the last hour tonight, and it’s now running like a little Swiss clock!  ;D
Some of the fun things we get to do on maintenance at work!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 04:25:51 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #166 on: January 13, 2022, 11:15:06 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Got a new laptop to replace my garbage Chromebook, thing bricked for a second time this past moth and i got this much better one my brother had lying around that he used to use, got a bit more power under the hood of this one. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #167 on: January 14, 2022, 07:39:19 AM » Author: Rommie
Well pretty much anything is better than Chrome, there are only two places you should have chrome - cars and motorcycles  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #168 on: January 19, 2022, 12:03:28 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I spent the evening replacing the humidifier on my furnace . NOT enjoyable !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #169 on: January 28, 2022, 04:45:23 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Had to take our 20 year old GE dryer to the dump. It was squeaking terribly and clothes were starting to catch in the rim of the drum. It did 20 years of laundry for us. It was hard to say goodbye. :'(

We bought a basic Maytag dryer as its replacement. Works well and there are no electronics.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #170 on: February 01, 2022, 11:06:28 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I spent my evening re-assembling the front suspension of my car after have a new wheel bearing and hub pressed in by a machine shop . Not exactly how I wanted to spend my evening but I need the car as the weather is supposed to go to crap over the next couple of days and I don't like driving my van in crappy weather like what's coming ! (Rain , changing to freezing rail and ice , changing to 3-5" of snow !)  :(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 10:42:27 PM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #171 on: February 01, 2022, 11:33:46 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I'm guessing your talking about your subaford or the marauder?

It started snowing here and school was canned, still got to do it online. :-\

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #172 on: February 01, 2022, 11:52:23 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The right front suspension on the Subaford !  :lol:  The Marauder only sees snow/ice through the garage windows ! The Machine shop only charged me $45 to press the new parts into the original steering knuckle . The only issue was that the new hub had different pitch threads on the wheel studs for some reason so I had to waste 1/2 an hour finding new lug nuts with the correct thread pitch !  :curse: Of course I found that little snafu AFTER I completely assembled everything and was trying to put the tire back on !  >:(  Go get the van keys and go on another scavenger hunt for parts !   I'm starting to think that cars hate me !!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #173 on: February 01, 2022, 11:59:12 PM » Author: Bulbman256
The joys of auto repair.... :curse: :lol:

At least you didn't have to find left hand lugnuts, I think a few old DeSoto's had them on the driver's side for whatever reason. ::)

I need to think about what car I want since this summer I take my driving exam, got any ideas Tim? Thinking 90s honda or an 80s camero/firebird.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #174 on: February 02, 2022, 12:16:30 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Had everything gone as it should've , it would have only taken me 30-45 min. to put everything together . But thanks to the issue with the wheel studs and searching through all of my crap trying to find tools that I KNOW I JUST SAW LAST WEEK , it turned into close to 3 hours ! The old motor home chassis I have has LH lugs on one side , I figured that one out AFTER I snapped one off with a breaker bar ! OOPS !  :-[  Oh well , I only have it as a spare parts source for my van anyways .

The Honda idea sounds like a plan . My brother's 92 Civic went over 300,000 miles before he finally had the transmission fail ! He put a used one in from the junkyard and is still going !  I remember the 80's Camaro/Firebirds from my body shop days . NOT A FAN !! Not bad looking cars but I have WAY more bad memories about those cars than good ones !

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #175 on: February 02, 2022, 07:23:15 AM » Author: Rommie
Reminds me why I don't have a car any more..! The damn thing (Friday afternoon effort from Peugeot) was always going wrong, clutch failure just as I was trying to pull away from a junction, using oil faster than petrol, the final straw was the oil pump literally blowing up the day before I was due to move house to come up here  :curse: :poof:

I ended up scrapping the damn thing for stupid silly low money, just to get rid of it. If I'd had the time, I could have had a new engine dropped in it, the bodywork was fine, but I was in a rush  :-\

Might see what I can find around now, would love a classic VW Beetle, ideally a California import or somewhere else you don't get rust. But we'll see. I'm a mechanical ignoramus so I rely on workshops and garages to do stuff for me. Electrics I can handle, but anything that involves spanners and oily stuff I'm hopeless at  :lol:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #176 on: February 07, 2022, 10:46:00 AM » Author: Rommie
Installed a new SSD in my Dell E6430 laptop and reinstalled Fedora Linux to it.

The existing hard drive was getting a bit slow and clunky so it was time for an upgrade. The system boots and runs a lot faster now  ;D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #177 on: March 12, 2022, 01:03:20 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Started the construction of our new workbench, I'll post photos of the finished article.  8)

I've been promising Ria that I would do it for years now.  :love:

So far it's taken about five hours just to make the worktop, this got a thorough workout, and so did I...  :poof:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #178 on: March 13, 2022, 06:22:38 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well, it's finished and here it is.  8)

As they say over on this side of the pond, I'm well chuffed with what I've achieved.  :)

Now I just need the next three weeks to recover...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #179 on: March 14, 2022, 01:04:54 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Finally replaced the pressure cut-off switch on my air compressor as the 20yr. old original would no longer cut off causing the compressor to just run until the pressure release vent would pop off !  Plus, I cobbled the crankshaft pulley back on my Subaford as somehow the thing sheared off the woodruff key causing the pulley to rotate and unthread the bolt holding the pulley in place ! Fortunately , it happened in the driveway ! The "repair" was actually simple as it involved drilling a 1/4" hole in the pulley and inserting a spring pin in it which aligned with a hole already in the mating part to prevent the pulley from rotating and loosening the bolt. How the original key sheared off in the 1st place is beyond me !!  :poof: Whataya expect from a 225,000 mile car !!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies