Author Topic: When did they stop making lamps with mogul sockets?  (Read 148 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
When did they stop making lamps with mogul sockets? « on: April 29, 2024, 11:54:39 PM » Author: Cole D.
I’ve been wondering this for a while, because sometimes I see old Torchiere lamps with mogul sockets, and others have regular sockets.

But on eBay I’ve seen some brass Stiffel brand floor lamps, and they look much newer. They have warning labels on the 3 candle sockets, to use a 100 watt maximum bulb, and one on the center mogul socket to use a maximum 300 watt PS type bulb. And there’s also an oval UL sticker that’s blue.

So I’m guessing with those wattage warnings, that Stiffel still made mogul socket floor lamps into the 1980s or maybe even 1990s?

Abyway I was surprised as I thought most of them went back to the 50s at least. 🤔

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: When did they stop making lamps with mogul sockets? « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 01:13:16 AM » Author: BT25
I'd say 1980's...300/500W halogen torchieres were all the rage in the 90's...

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: When did they stop making lamps with mogul sockets? « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 01:58:22 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah those halogen Torchiere were ALL the lighting rage in the 90s! 😂

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies