Author Topic: t8 fluorescent tubes  (Read 1390 times)
gs

View Posts
View Gallery

t8 fluorescent tubes « on: August 11, 2014, 11:26:20 AM » Author: gs
Osram, Philips or Ge?
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: t8 fluorescent tubes « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 03:35:47 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I'm not very pleased with the new Philips so I have to say go with Sylvania or GE.  Between Sylvania and GE I see less out of box failures with Sylvania then I do with GE.  However I need to do a life test comparison between the two to see which is better now.  Back in 99, the Philips TL70 series was the hot bulb of choice with excellent long life.  However as of about 10 years ago, the 700 Series Phillips have very poor life and seem to have very cheap/fragile filaments.  GE no longer is using the filament guards and we see excessive end blackening on both ends compared to just primarily one end for Sylvania and Philips.  We've just about used up all the former Ecologic generation T8s and have cracked open a few boxes of the new generation Ecologic and will see how they do.  so far so good.  They are a bit dim at start up in the middle, but I may have found a way around that... I need to do a bit more testing on my theory and will get back to you folks on that. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: t8 fluorescent tubes « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 04:15:54 AM » Author: nicksfans
If you're asking about the European ones, I can't say, but in the U.S., I think GE is the best of the big three. I also have used Satco lamps and like them a lot.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies