Author Topic: Electronically Ballasted CFL 15-Year Delay  (Read 1382 times)
merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Electronically Ballasted CFL 15-Year Delay « on: September 10, 2016, 06:26:04 PM » Author: merc
While the first electronically ballasted CFL have been manufactured since early 1980's, they started to sell them more massively at the end of 1990's. Before that, magnetically ballasted CFL (like Philips Prismatic) were rather offered. It was so at least in our country. Possibly in the whole Europe...?

I wonder what was behind that, say 15-year delay?
The electronics reliability?
Its price?
Anything else?
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Electronically Ballasted CFL 15-Year Delay « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 08:17:58 PM » Author: wattMaster
Likely the price.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Electronically Ballasted CFL 15-Year Delay « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 02:46:31 AM » Author: dor123
Electronic CFLs like Osram Dulux EL and Philips SL Electronic, were very expensive (Here they were costed 100₪ for the 23W version). Than companies began to scrap the quality of the lamps and move the production to China to make them cheaper. Here in Israel, during the beginning of the 2000's, the CFL began to caught after stickers like Eurolux, Luxten, Hyundai, A.M.A.L, Sunlight (Nisko) and etc popped out at much lower price than the original Osram and Philips.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies