Author Topic: Lets break a LG record!  (Read 11200 times)
BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #45 on: January 18, 2021, 06:23:33 PM » Author: BG101
Thanks, I was looking at various maps via a DDG search and none of them were all that clear on what the various time zones were called, at least with my eyesight. I'll make a note of that site.

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #46 on: January 19, 2021, 07:58:03 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I'd suggest adding what time it will be in various other regions too, or basing it on GMT/UCT minus whatever.

For example, IF I'm correct EST is GMT-5 but I may be wrong and others may also not know (or forget about that bit due to distractions, just remembering the stated time) and miss the opportunity.
Sorry I'm not familiar with non US time zones. :-\ :slap:

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #47 on: January 19, 2021, 09:54:18 AM » Author: Medved
Sorry I'm not familiar with non US time zones. :-\ :slap:

UTC (Universal Time Coordinate) is worldwide standard time, used practically everything needing time coordination beyond regions. Practically it is equal to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), there are just minor formal differences. Both have 0:00 at 0° longitude (UTC is formally defined at the 0°, GMT at Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London, but Greenwich is laying at 0° longitude).

Some say it belongs to "good technical manners" to know the offset of your local time from the UTC... :-D
But don't take the last sentence too seriously, it was meant as a tease for fun...

No more selfballasted c***

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #48 on: January 24, 2021, 04:14:55 PM » Author: BG101
I actually meant to -tripe  type "UTC" .. my brain to finger co-ordination is terrible!  :-[

N.B. The term tripewriter comes from a 1980s advert for the new-fangled PCs. Wasn't impressed seeing all those lovely old typewriters being chucked out of office windows into a skip for the advert. I actually learned keyboard skills using (and in a room full of) these. Pity I got slack, doubt I'd still pass the EMFEC exam, let alone RSA, these days.

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #49 on: January 25, 2021, 10:52:43 AM » Author: Medved
.. my brain to finger co-ordination is terrible!  :-[

Don't worry, welcome in club, you are not alone. And it is going to become only worse...  >:D

No more selfballasted c***

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #50 on: January 25, 2021, 10:57:10 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Shall the next attempt be this Saturday around noon EST?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #51 on: January 25, 2021, 11:15:41 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Sure! ;) 8;)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #52 on: January 25, 2021, 12:37:04 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I'll try my best to be there by then.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #53 on: January 25, 2021, 12:41:08 PM » Author: Rommie
I'm always here  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #54 on: January 25, 2021, 12:50:16 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I'm always here  8)

Waiting to give out a slap! >:D :police: :mrg:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #55 on: January 25, 2021, 12:51:51 PM » Author: Rommie
Waiting to give out a slap! >:D :police: :mrg:
I see you're asking again, didn't I tell you to behave..?  :mrg:

Ok, if you insist...  :slap:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #56 on: January 25, 2021, 12:58:38 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I see you're asking again, didn't I tell you to behave..?  :mrg:

Ok, if you insist...  :slap:

Owww! :slap: :lol: I keep saying I'm not outright asking for them, i make said witty comments! :mrg: >:D Besides they are getting less painful, guess I'm becoming immune with some thick skin (and a skull! :mrg: )

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #57 on: January 25, 2021, 01:26:40 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Owww! :slap: :lol: I keep saying I'm not outright asking for them, i make said witty comments! :mrg: >:D Besides they are getting less painful, guess I'm becoming immune with some thick skin (and a skull! :mrg: )
Rommie always takes things literally...  :mrg:
We'll both be online then, so let's hope we do it.  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #58 on: January 25, 2021, 01:44:49 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Rommie always takes things literally...  :mrg:
We'll both be online then, so let's hope we do it.  8)

Two is better then one! 8) I did the math and that is around 5pm your time, you should be awake by then? :lol:

(and yes i know she takes things to far when i mixed up my m's with n's, fatal mistake! :o :poof: @-@ )

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lets break a LG record! « Reply #59 on: January 25, 2021, 01:47:43 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl

Two is better then one! 8) I did the math and that is around 5pm your time, you should be awake by then? :lol:

(and yes i know she takes things to far when i mixed up my m's with n's, fatal mistake!:o :poof: @-@ )

Yes, we'll be awake by then...
You just have to ask for slaps don't you.??  :mrg:  :slap:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 01:50:53 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies