Author Topic: Autism and an Interest in lamp posts  (Read 534 times)
Harry james Lane123

View Posts
View Gallery

I am Harry and I love lampposts

Autism and an Interest in lamp posts « on: December 10, 2023, 05:23:19 PM » Author: Harry james Lane123
Hi everyone. I am Elle, My son Harry is Autistic and I have joined this site on his behalf because he is obsessed with lights and lampposts. He is 8 years old and constantly watching YouTube videos of street lights and lampposts.
His fascination started at around age 5/6.
 HE is now hoping to start a collection of old street lights that are being replaced by the council for the new LED style lights.
He is also obsessed with smoke alarms and heat detectors and has a HUGE collection of these. Does anyone else?
Other things he has also developed a strong interest in is Pylons, Wind Turbines and he likes certain wheels on cars.
Oh and he also has a light bulb collection!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 05:29:46 PM by Harry james Lane123 » Logged
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Autism and an Interest in lamp posts « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 07:48:08 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard Elle :)

I do have mild autism, but now am managed with this obsession with my lighting collection along with computers and car spotting.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Autism and an Interest in lamp posts « Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 03:29:58 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Welcome to the crazy world of LG Elle and Harry  8), Harry will fit in perfectly  ;)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Autism and an Interest in lamp posts « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2023, 08:19:12 AM » Author: Rommie
I think a lot of people on this site are somewhere on the autistic spectrum, I know I am. I've never been officially diagnosed, but all the symptoms fit. I cope as well as I can, although there are some things that cause problems.

Anyway, you both take care, and enjoy the site. Any problems, get in touch, I'm here to help  :love:

By the way, your profile picture is sideways  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 11:46:00 AM by Rommie » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Autism and an Interest in lamp posts « Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 11:42:39 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yes, the holes on this site come in every shape you can think of, so there'll be no problem about fitting in.  :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

rlshieldjr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Autism and an Interest in lamp posts « Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 12:09:59 AM » Author: rlshieldjr
I too as a kid was fascinated by power lines, streetlights, glass insulators. Other things like flood control canals, storm drain systems, and fire sprinklers. My late mother actually had saved a few drawings I did in elementary school. I saw them and saw the closeness to reality of them.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies