Author Topic: Creative Writing.  (Read 6684 times)
Mandolin Girl
Creative Writing. « on: January 30, 2020, 05:01:37 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
As you may well have seen, I have been writing some poetry and posting it on LG.

The following poem was inspired by a visit to the post office, when we went to send off some lamps to another member on here:

There was a very long queue
But what on earth could we do
When there’s not enough staff
They must be having a laugh
It’s a right old mess
At the Post Office

Now it's over to others to add their creative writings  :)

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 12:05:06 AM » Author: 589
Hopefully I’ll get some time this week to sit down and contribute. Right now I got NUTHIN.

:lps:

sox35
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:22:57 AM » Author: sox35
Sammi is amazingly creative, she's not only writing poetry, but has more than one book on the go plus a daily journal. Not to mention learning the mandolin and programming in Python (although not all at the same time  :D)

I get worn out just looking at her sometimes  ;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 09:29:33 AM by sox35 » Logged
merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 05:39:25 PM » Author: merc
There was a very long queue
But what on earth could we do
When there’s not enough staff
They must be having a laugh
It’s a right old mess
At the Post Office

You seem to have visited the Post office in our town...?
sox35
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 06:03:37 PM » Author: sox35
The latest bit of writing that I'm undertaking is a science fiction novel. I have written nearly 10,000 words since I started at the beginning of the month.  8)
Mandolin Girl
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 06:11:39 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The latest bit of writing that I'm undertaking is a science fiction novel. I have written nearly 10,000 words since I started at the beginning of the month.  8)
And at least one person on LG (not me..!) is a character in it  ;D
Mandolin Girl
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 09:47:30 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Ria mentioned that I was writing the book to an author, whose mailing list she's on. He replied, wishing me good luck.  :)

In her next email, she asked him if he would like to read the first chapter. He replied that he would...  ;D

I sent it off, and awaited a reply, which came through a couple of days later. He enjoyed it.!  :poof:

He said that it was fun, lively and inventive, and to carry on going as he sees potential in the story line. ;D

To get encouragement like this from a professional author is more than I could ever hope for.  :'-)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 10:48:44 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 10:38:06 AM » Author: Cole D.
I've tried writing stories and TV program scripts, but I run out of ideas before I can finish the storyline.  :P

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

sox35
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 10:41:43 AM » Author: sox35
The ideas are still coming with me, this book is nearing 40,000 words, and another one that's just for Ria and myself is knocking on the door of 200,000.! ;D

The journal that I've been keeping since the 11th of January 2016 is over a million words long now.!  :poof:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 10:43:46 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged
Mandolin Girl
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 10:51:36 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Ria mentioned that I was writing the book to an author, whose mailing list she's on. He replied, wishing me good luck.  :)

In her next email, she asked him if he would like to read the first chapter. He replied that he would...  ;D

I sent it off, and awaited a reply, which came through a couple of days later. He enjoyed it.!  :poof:

He said that it was fun, lively and inventive, and to carry on going as he sees potential in the story line. ;D

To get encouragement like this from a professional author is more than I could ever hope for.  :'-)

The only criticism he had was that some of the punctuation needed work, but that's nothing an editor couldn't deal with if/when it gets to a publisher. Praise indeed  ;D
Mandolin Girl
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 12:39:23 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Here's another poem that I wrote yesterday.  8) :love:

This morning we finally got
A parcel that the postie brought
It’s the biggest bulb we’ve got
And boy does it get hot
It really is a wonderful sight
Our Atlas 2,000 watt light

I was also inspired to write one about sending the first chapter of my book to the author.  ;D

There’s an author that we follow
He’s a really amenable fellow
Ria asked him to read my book you see
Him saying yes has filled me with glee
His praise left me high as a kite
It has been an utter delight
And he’s said to have a look
At the New Hart’s Rules book
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:56:46 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged
Mandolin Girl
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 06:04:28 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Last week we changed our ISP, so here's another poem:

We have a new t’interweb provider
The make of router was the decider
With Sky everything was tied down
Which did make us really frown
Zen has supplied us with a Fritz!box
Now that’s a router that rocks
Mandolin Girl
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 08:07:51 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
And another for you to enjoy:  ;D

John from Inverness paid us a call
From him we got a lighting haul
He really does deserve our thanks.
Various  wattages of Mercury lamps  :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv:
And SOX to feed our lanterns          :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps:
We hope that he soon returns

WigWag
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 10:59:03 AM » Author: WigWag
The ideas are still coming with me, this book is nearing 40,000 words, and another one that's just for Ria and myself is knocking on the door of 200,000.! ;D
I've carried on with the writing, which is one if the reasons I haven't been very active in the site.
Adventures of a Space Munky is now at nearly 55,000 words with four quite long chapters completed and a fifth under way.  ;D
I'm just waiting for new ideas to come to me.  :wndr:
WigWag
Re: Creative Writing. « Reply #14 on: October 18, 2020, 09:38:25 PM » Author: WigWag
Lovely works mandolin girl! I've never had the juice for poetry, though I do enjoy reading it. I have several "manuscripts" though for future novels.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies