Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 260926 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #780 on: January 09, 2021, 12:06:23 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Later on today, we will be playing 'hunt the lamp'  :curse:
We wanted to light up our US spec 25W HPS one yesterday, but it wasn't in the box it should have been in.  :poof:
So today we're going to have to haul every box out and look through them.  :wndr:

EDIT:
Several hours later, and after looking through all the boxes we can't find the bloody lamp.!!  :curse:
Si we have got a 50W HPS lamp litted  :a_son-e:

I think louie might have hidden it :mrg: Also 25w hps lamp? do you mean 35w? Hope you find the lost lamp, sometimes i lose them too. :(

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #781 on: January 09, 2021, 12:27:20 PM » Author: Rommie
I think louie might have hidden it :mrg: Also 25w hps lamp? do you mean 35w? Hope you find the lost lamp, sometimes i lose them too. :(
Yes she meant 35W, she was having a blonde moment, even though she isn't blonde  :mrg:

If that Louie has hidden it, he'll be in trouble, but there's nothing new there  ::)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #782 on: January 09, 2021, 12:58:34 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Yes she meant 35W, she was having a blonde moment, even though she isn't blonde  :mrg:

If that Louie has hidden it, he'll be in trouble, but there's nothing new there  ::)

Blonde moment? I thought you where from Essex not Sammi! :lol:  :mrg:

If louie did hide the lamp it was probably a distraction so he could sit on some more rare SOI/H lamps! ::) :lps:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #783 on: January 09, 2021, 01:01:15 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Blonde moment? I thought you where from Essex not Sammi! :lol:  :mrg:

If louie did hide the lamp it was probably a distraction so he could sit on some more rare SOI/H lamps! ::)
:lps:
Well where I was born is the Scottish equivalent...  :lol:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #784 on: January 09, 2021, 02:03:10 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Well I’m currently on LG sitting next to candlelight!, no we haven’t got a power cut either!, I was just thinking of how lighting used to be?, their quite cosy to be honest  ;), if you’re in a quiet room on your own, reading or just relaxing they provide that little bit of light and warmth to sit next to.
The humble tea light for instance usually produces only 13 lumens and 100 BTUs an hour, but if you were in a storm related power outage situation, a handful of them could keep you warm and illuminated for a few hours!

And this is one lighting tech that is older than anything electrical to have come and gone!  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #785 on: January 09, 2021, 02:04:47 PM » Author: Rommie
We like oil lamps for this sort of thing, they're especially nice when relaxing in the bath  8)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #786 on: January 09, 2021, 02:20:12 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah, in this day and age, with the take over of LED, and people wanting their tungsten lighting back, we tend to overlook the traditional old candles and oil lights, and for a light source like the candle, that dates back to 200 BC, possibly invented by the Chinese amazingly!, you have to admire them still being made today!

So I reckon the candle deserves a shout out after all this time on a lighting site!

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #787 on: January 09, 2021, 02:24:27 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I think that the invention of the candle can't be attributed to a single place, it was one of these things that had multiple sources.  :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 02:27:45 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #788 on: January 09, 2021, 02:27:24 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Reading further into this, the Romans were making them from Tallow even earlier in 500 BC?

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #789 on: January 11, 2021, 01:25:15 PM » Author: Rommie
We're dispensing with the central heating this evening and lighting one of our 1000W mercury lamps  :mv:  :bulbman:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #790 on: January 11, 2021, 01:27:41 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We're dispensing with the central heating this evening and lighting one of our 1000W mercury lamps  :mv:  :bulbman:
I'm going to have to wear welding goggles when I cook our supper.  :mrg:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #791 on: January 11, 2021, 04:24:11 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Just rescued a 75w ER30 sylvania flood lamp from some track lights in my english class. 8)

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #792 on: January 12, 2021, 12:32:00 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I'm going to have to wear welding goggles when I cook our supper.  :mrg:

You could just hold the pan over the lamp and use the lamp heat to cook with !  :lol: ::)

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #793 on: January 17, 2021, 08:41:40 PM » Author: suzukir122
One of my 20w metal halide track light fixtures has a burned out lamp... (burned out a while ago) and I originally thought the GE "constant
color" 20w lamps were the only ones available for those track lights... nope. I just bought a metal arc "powerball" version from Sylvania, on Ebay, today.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #794 on: January 17, 2021, 10:44:44 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Took down a bunch of Christmas lights..

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies