Author Topic: Old telephones  (Read 1596 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Old telephones « on: March 01, 2020, 11:45:03 AM » Author: Cole D.
Do anyone like telephones?

Since I have a few old telephones I had gotten. I have two Western Electric Trimline telephones, one in avocado green that is a rotary dial from 1971. And also a cream one that is push button from 1969. They have the wired cord to the handset and base and wired right to the wall.

I have also a Western Electric Princess telephone that is green and also push button from 1972. But in shipping, the cover shattered unfortunately. That one also has the wired connections and a four prong plug to the wall jack.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Old telephones « Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 03:33:50 PM » Author: nogden
Yes! I love old telephones and old telephone equipment. I'm especially interested in anything from the Bell System/Western Electric. My main home phone is a Trimline from the mid '70s in harvest gold. I converted mine to modular with adapters. I have one in both Touch Tone and rotary. The Touch Tone is the main phone, but I'm still paying extra for Touch Tone, so someday I might drop that and just go back to rotary. My garage phone is a black 554 wall-mount rotary.

There are at least two organizations for telephone collectors; TCI and ATCA. I'm a Telephone Collectors International (TCI) member. Nothing against ATCA; I just didn't know about them back when I joined TCI, and I don't want to spend the money on two organizations. The monthly TCI newsletter is fascinating!
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Old telephones « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 07:21:41 AM » Author: migette1
Yes! I love old telephones and old telephone equipment. I'm especially interested in anything from the Bell System/Western Electric. My main home phone is a Trimline from the mid '70s in harvest gold. I converted mine to modular with adapters. I have one in both Touch Tone and rotary. The Touch Tone is the main phone, but I'm still paying extra for Touch Tone, so someday I might drop that and just go back to rotary. My garage phone is a black 554 wall-mount rotary.

There are at least two organizations for telephone collectors; TCI and ATCA. I'm a Telephone Collectors International (TCI) member. Nothing against ATCA; I just didn't know about them back when I joined TCI, and I don't want to spend the money on two organizations. The monthly TCI newsletter is fascinating!
 Hi nogden I was in Rotary Phone Forums but when I tried to get them up, they appear to have gone, will try again but I think they have gone?

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Old telephones « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 08:18:02 AM » Author: nogden
Was it this forum?
www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php

I do recall there was some talk a while back about a phone forum shutting down, but now I can't remember the details or where I heard it. So you may have been in a forum that did close!
sox35
Re: Old telephones « Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 11:09:46 AM » Author: sox35
For anyone in the UK (although membership is open to anyone in the world), there is the Telecommunications Heritage Group, see here. It's not a forum as such, but does have a lot of useful information.

If anyone has any old telephones they want to actually use to talk to people with, there is also CNET - the Collectors Network, where people from all over the world connect anything from a single old telephone to full-blown telephone exchanges up, so they can be used to communicate with each other over the internet, for free. You might find me in the list of users if you look closely enough, if you get connected and want to, feel free to give me a call, I still have a couple of phones connected to the system, including this one - notice anything odd about it..? Probably not unless you're as old as I am  ;D

I used to collect phones before I moved house, mainly old GPO stuff from the 1960's and 70's, but unfortunately I had to choose between phones and lamps when I moved, as there isn't room here for both collections :D  Lamps won, as you'll gather  ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:06:40 PM by sox35 » Logged
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Old telephones « Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 12:53:07 PM » Author: migette1
Was it this forum?
www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php

I do recall there was some talk a while back about a phone forum shutting down, but now I can't remember the details or where I heard it. So you may have been in a forum that did close!

Hi many many thanks that is the one and I checked it out, put my user name and IT WORKED! I am migette on that forum and Telephones of the World on You Tube. Thanks again nogden. Y/T also migette.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Old telephones « Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 01:01:37 PM » Author: migette1
For anyone in the UK (although membership is open to anyone in the world), there is the Telecommunications Heritage Group, see here. It's not a forum as such, but does have a lot of useful information.

If anyone has any old telephones they want to actually use to talk to people with, there is also CNET - the Collectors Network, where people from all over the world connect anything from a single old telephone to full-blown telephone exchanges up, so they can be used to communicate with each other over the internet, for free. You might find me in the list of users if you look closely enough, if you get connected and want to, feel free to give me a call, I still have a couple of phones connected to the system, including this one - notice anything odd about it..? Probably not unless you're as old as I am  ;D

I used to collect phones before I moved house, mainly old GPO stuff from the 1960's and 70's, but unfortunately I had to choose between phones and lamps when I moved, as there isn't room here for both collections :D  Lamps won, as you'll gather  ;D

I whole hearted agree like that reverse dial phone, these were used in New Zealand, the dial workings are normal as standard dial just the numbers are back to front.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies