Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 56221 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #90 on: August 27, 2021, 07:49:09 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Just had dinner, it’s currently 12:43 pm here and chippy Friday  :D :D, about to start stripping the engine on our little Massey Ferguson tractor, we think it needs new rings?, take about 3 minutes to start the thing!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #91 on: August 27, 2021, 09:22:56 AM » Author: Rommie
Talking of chips, I remember years ago when I worked in a bus garage in Birmingham, on most Fridays a friend who worked elsewhere in the building (to protect the guilty, I'll call him Tony) used to come down to my office and bring chips, and we'd eat them while putting the world to rights for half an hour or so, as you do.

One Friday, this had gone on for quite some time, and I realised we'd been doing not much for at least an hour and a half, and unusually my phone was silent. I still had a lot of work to do before I could finish for the day; Tony, however, showed no signs of wanting to leave, so I said to him that I had work to get on with, and asked him didn't he have any work to do..?

His reply will be seared on my consciousness for ever and a day; he said, and I quote, "Yeah, I've got plenty, I'm just not doing it..!"  :mrg:

There's not really much you can say to that  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #92 on: August 27, 2021, 10:49:30 AM » Author: AngryHorse
 :lol: Sounds just like Wally from Dilbert!

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #93 on: August 27, 2021, 10:05:08 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Talked to the HVAC tech working on my system, for the last few weeks it has not been effective. After poking his brain for a bit, found out that the hot line out of the unit was loose and leaked about half of the refrigerant, about 3 pounds of the stuff. Fortunately it was under warranty and a quick tightening and recharge and i am now in comfort during this heat wave. :bulbman: The ac unit had to work harder, and as a result a pool of water from melted freeze up formed and created a bit of surface rust. The lesson here is that one small connecter can causes so much wrong. ::)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #94 on: September 01, 2021, 06:03:52 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Today was my first day of 9th grade. The amount of time that I'm online each day will decrease because I'll be in school.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #95 on: September 02, 2021, 12:01:23 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Had to re tighten the bolt for the faucet, so that was again a nice fun endeavor! :mrg:

My mom said that when she was checking the faucet it reminded her of this. :lol: :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 07:18:52 AM by Bulbman256 » Logged

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #96 on: September 02, 2021, 06:26:38 AM » Author: Rommie
Not available here for some stupid reason  ::)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #97 on: September 02, 2021, 08:07:38 AM » Author: Bulbman256
The clip is father ted - a bunch of cowboys. ;D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #98 on: September 02, 2021, 11:34:01 AM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, found it now, never did like that show though so hadn't seen it.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #99 on: September 02, 2021, 03:19:38 PM » Author: AngryHorse
The clip is father ted - a bunch of cowboys. ;D
Farther Ted!, brilliant, my favourite episode was when the bishops come to visit, and one of them has a dicky heart, their told not to make loud noises or spook him!
“DOUGAL, WE ARE NOT WATCHING ALIENS”!  :lol:

Welcome to OBLIVION

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #100 on: September 10, 2021, 03:02:54 AM » Author: Econolite03
Right before midnight, I watched a decent sized t-storm roll into SoCal heading northwest through midnight. Most of the lightning was horizontal.
 :fls:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:30:36 AM by Econolite03 » Logged

Now on Linktree

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #101 on: September 10, 2021, 07:28:20 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah, we were supposed to get bad thunderstorms last night, sadly it never came to Cheshire!  >:(, and it’s stuffy and hot here, I was hoping for the storm to cool it off!
It’s not too bad here at the minute though, while we’re fixing an oil leak on our mower at work  8)

Welcome to OBLIVION

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #102 on: September 17, 2021, 11:03:25 PM » Author: Econolite03
Earthquake! I checked on my collection as a earthquake just struck SoCal. Thankfully my valuable lamps and street lights are safe. My dog was freaking out as the earthquake caused my two story house to sway side to side. This is typical living in California.

Now on Linktree

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #103 on: September 18, 2021, 01:09:28 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Not good !! I finally finished rebuilding my fence on the north side of my property .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #104 on: September 18, 2021, 11:20:14 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Went to my high school's homecoming dance, i had an interesting time. :mrg:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies