Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 198625 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #270 on: November 30, 2019, 11:51:49 AM » Author: AngryHorse
It was so peaceful this morning, I stood in the back garden with Ash, breathing the fresh frosty air, enjoying a coffee, and listening to the birds  :D, that’s my most peaceful moments, but I can sympathise with you near your city centre, I’m guessing it’s never totally quiet?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #271 on: November 30, 2019, 11:58:14 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It was so peaceful this morning, I stood in the back garden with Ash, breathing the fresh frosty air, enjoying a coffee, and listening to the birds  :D, that’s my most peaceful moments, but I can sympathise with you near your city centre, I’m guessing it’s never totally quiet?
I didn't know that he was in this country...  ???

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #272 on: November 30, 2019, 11:59:13 AM » Author: Rommie
It was so peaceful this morning, I stood in the back garden with Ash, breathing the fresh frosty air, enjoying a coffee, and listening to the birds  :D, that’s my most peaceful moments, but I can sympathise with you near your city centre, I’m guessing it’s never totally quiet?
Not really, but it's not as bad as it was before they finally opened the bypass (which had been in the planning for 15 years or so) in February this year. Before that, pretty much ALL the north/south traffic through the city went down the main road about 100 yards away at the end of our side street  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #273 on: November 30, 2019, 12:09:15 PM » Author: AngryHorse
I didn't know that he was in this country...  ???
:D, Ash as in my hairy hound!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #274 on: December 30, 2019, 04:59:23 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
There was just a thundersleet!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:19:24 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #275 on: December 30, 2019, 05:19:54 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Tornado warnings yesterday in the county.
Did you see it?

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #276 on: December 30, 2019, 07:15:53 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Nope, the funnel was about 12 miles to the Northeast of me. Constant lightning in the clouds though.
I see.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #277 on: December 31, 2019, 01:15:46 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Glad we missed it. The sirens went off for 15 minutes until it was cancelled and went Northeast.
Glad you and your collection were safe/spared!
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #278 on: December 31, 2019, 08:20:44 AM » Author: suzukir122
@GE101R, sounds like a thunderstorm Shelf Cloud. Could've also been indicative of a Supercell storm as well, but
less organized.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #279 on: December 31, 2019, 11:12:30 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
A few years ago we were driving back home and there was a funnel cloud right above us! I later touched down in Maine and took out a barn roof.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #280 on: January 06, 2020, 06:15:25 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Another topic appropriate poem.  :)

The rain is coming down
Water rising all round the town
We might even get a flood
It’s enough to boil the blood
So we’ll stay warm and dry inside
There’s no question what to decide

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #281 on: January 06, 2020, 06:18:59 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Another topic appropriate poem.  :)

The rain is coming down
Water rising all round the town
We might even get a flood
It’s enough to boil the blood
So we’ll stay warm and dry inside
There’s no question what to decide

Nice!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #282 on: January 06, 2020, 06:20:29 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Last night around 8:45 there was a 2.1 Earthquake in Tilton!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #283 on: January 07, 2020, 12:07:49 PM » Author: CEB1993
No winter weather on the way for me.  It's going to be almost 70 degrees and rainy this coming Saturday.  So far, it's been a relatively mild January here in SC.  Maybe I'm still used to upstate New York winter weather that I lived through last year.  It's been really rainy this month with more rain in the long term forecast.  I hope we get a nice snow at least once before spring.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #284 on: January 07, 2020, 12:10:04 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
No winter weather on the way for me.  It's going to be almost 70 degrees and rainy this coming Saturday.  So far, it's been a relatively mild January here in SC.  Maybe I'm still used to upstate New York winter weather that I lived through last year.  It's been really rainy this month with more rain in the long term forecast.  I hope we get a nice snow at least once before spring.
We're not, snow is something we can do without, thank you.!  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies