Author Topic: Do you have trial drivings licence  (Read 2580 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Do you have trial drivings licence « on: December 19, 2020, 04:11:31 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone.I asked myself is there trial driving licence(serb cyr Пробна возачка дозвола) for cars or any other vehicle in your country ?In Serbia when you get driving licence for the first time for a car you need to have P(П) on your front and back windshield of your car.Is this similar or same in your country ?Feel free to write
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 04:27:15 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Here in the us, Licencing requirements vary alot from state to state. Here in Missouri we have a three stage system where at 15 you can take a written test to be able to do 40hrs of driving training with an adult to apply for your second stage at 16 where you are free to drive on your own but more limited to what you can drive and who you can take with you. at 18 you can get a full licences to do normal car driving and can apply for other classes of licences. So in a months time i can pass the test and then be able to drive a year before i could legally stock shelves. Ahh the midwest, such odd age laws! I belive this is done so that kids can drive things for farming, in neighboring kansas people can get a farm permit that lets them drive on small public farm roads in the rural countryside.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 05:11:35 PM » Author: Rommie
Here in the UK we have a Provisional Driving Licence which allows a new driver to drive only while accompanied by a fully qualified driver. This does not necessarily have to be a professional instructor, though.

"L" plates have to be displayed front and rear until the test is passed.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 05:12:32 PM » Author: Jovan
Here in the us, Licencing requirements vary alot from state to state. Here in Missouri we have a three stage system where at 15 you can take a written test to be able to do 40hrs of driving training with an adult to apply for your second stage at 16 where you are free to drive on your own but more limited to what you can drive and who you can take with you. at 18 you can get a full licences to do normal car driving and can apply for other classes of licences. So in a months time i can pass the test and then be able to drive a year before i could legally stock shelves. Ahh the midwest, such odd age laws! I belive this is done so that kids can drive things for farming, in neighboring kansas people can get a farm permit that lets them drive on small public farm roads in the rural countryside.
In Serbia law is same in all regions.By the law driver with trial licence mustn't drive car which has more than 109hp or 80KW.Drivers can apply for theoretical practice at 16 for car,at 17 they can apply for practical driving.At 17 they can't drive the car without someone with minimum 5 years  of driving skills.Driving after 23:00 and before 6:00AM is forbidden.Law is strict with driving licence.On 1st January in 2011 trial licence was adopted to prevent fatal accidents on road caused mainly by drunk and idiotic young drivers which got they BMW or Mercedes for 18th b-day.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 05:18:07 PM » Author: Jovan
Here in the UK we have a Provisional Driving Licence which allows a new driver to drive only while accompanied by a fully qualified driver. This does not necessarily have to be a professional instructor, though.

"L" plates have to be displayed front and rear until the test is passed.
Thanks for sharing.In Serbia we use P(П) on front and back windshield.Driving licence from UK looks similar to serbian one.
Note:ID of driver is censoured on picture.I found it on the internet
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 05:38:48 PM » Author: Bulbman256
In Serbia law is same in all regions.By the law driver with trial licence mustn't drive car which has more than 109hp or 80KW.Drivers can apply for theoretical practice at 16 for car,at 17 they can apply for practical driving.At 17 they can't drive the car without someone with minimum 5 years  of driving skills.Driving after 23:00 and before 6:00AM is forbidden.Law is strict with driving licence.On 1st January in 2011 trial licence was adopted to prevent fatal accidents on road caused mainly by drunk and idiotic young drivers which got they BMW or Mercedes for 18th b-day.

Oh yeah forgot, driving from 1 am to 6am her is illegal with the 1st and 2nd stage licences. You also need 10 hours of night traning, and the trainer can be anyoen with a few eyars of driving experience over 21. My dad does not want to teach me and he only wants to focus on my lder brother but he has put in little to no effort, so im tryign to see if my mom or grandma can teach me.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 05:41:10 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Over the past few years, the rules and regulations have got a lot stricter.  :police:
Before you get behind the wheel for the first time you must pass a theory test, and when you do get a full licence there are far fewer categories on it than when I passed my test.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 06:29:53 PM » Author: Jovan
Oh yeah forgot, driving from 1 am to 6am her is illegal with the 1st and 2nd stage licences. You also need 10 hours of night traning, and the trainer can be anyoen with a few eyars of driving experience over 21. My dad does not want to teach me and he only wants to focus on my lder brother but he has put in little to no effort, so im tryign to see if my mom or grandma can teach me.
Thanks for reply.That is sad.My father always gives me tips and tricks about cars and driving.Because of him I learned things about cars and how to maintain them and how to treat them.In Serbia you need to go to driving school which has licence and then after 40 classes of theory and practice you have the exams and driving and soon as you pass them+passing first aid exam and health test pass you get the licence
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 06:34:34 PM by Jovan » Logged
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 08:53:16 PM » Author: joseph_125
In Canada, each province and territory manages their own driver's licensing.

Here in Ontario we have a 3 stage driver's license process outlined here. You start at age 16 with the G1 which you get after a knowledge test. This is basically you're learner's permit...you can't drive alone or on any freeways and roads with a speed limit above 80 km/h. I think you also can't drive between midnight and dawn too. After a year at G1 (or 8 months if you take driver's ed), you can take your first road test to get a G2 which is your probationary license. You can now drive alone and on highways but with some restrictions for younger drivers. After a year at the G2 level, you can take a second road test which also tests you on freeway driving to get your full license which is your G license.

There are no requirements in Ontario to display a L (learner) or N (new driver) plate on your vehicle at the G1 and G2 stages but there are some provinces in Canada that have this requirement.     
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 10:52:02 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
To add on to joseph_125 post, in Ontario Canada, G1 license holders can't drive between 12 and 6 am. A notice driver in Ontario is able to hold their G1 and G2 for up to 5 years.

You study the drivers handbook and write and pass the knowledge test to get your G1. The G1 exit test is a quick road test covering the basics, pass and you get the G2. The G2 exit test is the full road test covering everything. Pass and you go home with a G license. Each test requires a waiting of 1 year before doing the next, or 8 months with school. Once drivers reach 80 years of age, every two years they must:

-Take a vision test
-Undergo a driver record review
-Participate in a 45-minute Group Education Session (GES)
-During the GES, complete two, brief, non-computerized in-class screening assignments
-If necessary, take a road test
-This entire renewal process will take a total of about 90 minutes.

-----------

I'm actually still a G1 driver, I haven't been as dedicated to it as I should and it has expired this past June. Because of the pandemic, Ontario Ministry of Transportation has extended licenses expired March 2020 or later until further notice... So because of this I still have a chance to go pass my test and get the G2 and another 5 years. (hopefully wont slack off on it)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 10:54:02 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 12:11:32 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah the whole you must get your G license within 5 years of getting your G1 catches a lot of people off guard, myself included. I got my G2 with just over a year left on my 5 years so it kind of caught me off guard at the end. Fortunately I passed the G road test with about 2 weeks left out of the 5 years but if I didn't I would have had to start again from a G1.

Ironically if you get your G2 with less than 1 year remaining out of your 5 years, you get to renew your G2 for another 5 years. The argument being that you must wait at least a year after getting your G2 to do the G road test.

TBH the hardest part about the road tests is probably getting used to having an examiner while you drive. 
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 11:46:30 AM » Author: Jovan
In Canada, each province and territory manages their own driver's licensing.

Here in Ontario we have a 3 stage driver's license process outlined here. You start at age 16 with the G1 which you get after a knowledge test. This is basically you're learner's permit...you can't drive alone or on any freeways and roads with a speed limit above 80 km/h. I think you also can't drive between midnight and dawn too. After a year at G1 (or 8 months if you take driver's ed), you can take your first road test to get a G2 which is your probationary license. You can now drive alone and on highways but with some restrictions for younger drivers. After a year at the G2 level, you can take a second road test which also tests you on freeway driving to get your full license which is your G license.

There are no requirements in Ontario to display a L (learner) or N (new driver) plate on your vehicle at the G1 and G2 stages but there are some provinces in Canada that have this requirement.   
Quite intersting.Western laws aren't strict as Serbian ones.In one had laws in Serbia are there for reason of safety,not someones will.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #12 on: December 21, 2020, 11:54:09 AM » Author: Jovan
To add on to joseph_125 post, in Ontario Canada, G1 license holders can't drive between 12 and 6 am. A notice driver in Ontario is able to hold their G1 and G2 for up to 5 years.

You study the drivers handbook and write and pass the knowledge test to get your G1. The G1 exit test is a quick road test covering the basics, pass and you get the G2. The G2 exit test is the full road test covering everything. Pass and you go home with a G license. Each test requires a waiting of 1 year before doing the next, or 8 months with school. Once drivers reach 80 years of age, every two years they must:

-Take a vision test
-Undergo a driver record review
-Participate in a 45-minute Group Education Session (GES)
-During the GES, complete two, brief, non-computerized in-class screening assignments
-If necessary, take a road test
-This entire renewal process will take a total of about 90 minutes.

-----------

I'm actually still a G1 driver, I haven't been as dedicated to it as I should and it has expired this past June. Because of the pandemic, Ontario Ministry of Transportation has extended licenses expired March 2020 or later until further notice... So because of this I still have a chance to go pass my test and get the G2 and another 5 years. (hopefully wont slack off on it)
Good luck with test.Drivers which are older than 65 years in Serbia have licence for 5 years maximum.Once you finish theroetical and practical test you don't need to go to classes.Every time when licence expires you need to pass test in which driver needs to be mentally competent,vision must be in good state and person must be healthy.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:57:24 AM by Jovan » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #13 on: December 21, 2020, 11:58:58 AM » Author: Rommie
Slightly off at a tangent here, but an incident that occurred when I was taking my bus driving test has just come to mind.

I was driving a double deck bus with my instructor and an examiner on board. We had been out for just over an hour I think, and were heading back to the bus garage when the examiner asked me to demonstrate how I would stop at a bus stop to pick up passengers. He had done this a few times on the test, so I was well prepared. I stopped at the stop and, having been primed by my instructor that this examiner was very hot on rear observation before pulling away, had my head practically out of the cab window looking back, not just relying on the mirrors.

All of a sudden I heard a loud "bang, bang, bang"  :poof:   What on earth had happened..? Had someone hit us..? I looked round back at the nearside of the bus to where the doors were and saw this little old lady furiously banging on the closed doors with her umbrella..! Obviously she hadn't taken the slightest notice of the destination blinds which said "Not in service" or the "L" plates, it was a bus, it was going in the direction she wanted to go, it must be her bus  :lol:

My instructor and the examiner were sitting on the back seat of the bus killing themselves with laughter..! Eventually one of them got up and went to the doors and told the lady we weren't a service bus, and we then carried on back to base.

I passed, by the way  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you have trial drivings licence « Reply #14 on: December 21, 2020, 12:04:50 PM » Author: Jovan
Slightly off at a tangent here, but an incident that occurred when I was taking my bus driving test has just come to mind.

I was driving a double deck bus with my instructor and an examiner on board. We had been out for just over an hour I think, and were heading back to the bus garage when the examiner asked me to demonstrate how I would stop at a bus stop to pick up passengers. He had done this a few times on the test, so I was well prepared. I stopped at the stop and, having been primed by my instructor that this examiner was very hot on rear observation before pulling away, had my head practically out of the cab window looking back, not just relying on the mirrors.

All of a sudden I heard a loud "bang, bang, bang"  :poof:   What on earth had happened..? Had someone hit us..? I looked round back at the nearside of the bus to where the doors were and saw this little old lady furiously banging on the closed doors with her umbrella..! Obviously she hadn't taken the slightest notice of the destination blinds which said "Not in service" or the "L" plates, it was a bus, it was going in the direction she wanted to go, it must be her bus  :lol:

My instructor and the examiner were sitting on the back seat of the bus killing themselves with laughter..! Eventually one of them got up and went to the doors and told the lady we weren't a service bus, and we then carried on back to base.

I passed, by the way  ;D
I'm glad that you've passed.Old people are quite dangerous.I hate when idiots in their cars honk to driving school,which is properly marked,because they are slow.Luckily I was wearing sunglasses during driving lessons in summer and people thought that I'm no joke guy :)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies