Author Topic: Japanese market 110V fluorescent and HID ballasts why?  (Read 373 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Japanese market 110V fluorescent and HID ballasts why? « on: February 19, 2024, 05:20:37 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Although Japan normally uses 100V supplies for most of their lighting equipment, I have seen that some older fluorescent ballasts sold in Japan are rated for 110V supplies only while some older HID ballasts sold in Japan have 110V taps in addition to having the regular 100V taps. Why is this so?

Here is an example of an older Japanese market preheat fluorescent circline fixture that has a 110V 60Hz ballast in it rather than a 100V ballast:

https://www.jauce.com/auction/t1100292976

Here is an example of an older Japanese market HID ballast that has a 110V tap in addition to having a standard 100V tap:

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m55198647840

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Japanese market 110V fluorescent and HID ballasts why? « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 07:22:04 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It's just a guess, but immediately after that war, Japan would have had a lot of help rebuilding from the US, so they could have been using US built electricity generators with US specs.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies