Author Topic: Is Philips closing Polish plant in Pila ?  (Read 643 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Is Philips closing Polish plant in Pila ? « on: September 01, 2023, 05:15:29 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone.I saw somewhere on the interent that Philips is going to end production at the end of 2023 in Pila Poland ?Is this true and also how many European plants from Philips are working ?
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is Philips closing Polish plant in Pila ? « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 10:57:57 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Philips lighting is dead.  Signify purchased the lighting license from them. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is Philips closing Polish plant in Pila ? « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 11:00:24 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
The good news is that it is a Netherlands HQ based company which I am happy to see.  But as far as factory locations go, someone else will have to specify that.

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is Philips closing Polish plant in Pila ? « Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 09:51:20 AM » Author: Jovan
Philips lighting is dead.  Signify purchased the lighting license from them.
I know that,but Philips site with lamps still exists.I hope that Pila plant will bre working in future.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is Philips closing Polish plant in Pila ? « Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 10:06:47 AM » Author: Michael
Why should they be present in the future? Fluorescent lighting is dead! Also they tried to make LED bulbs but I don’t think they still are…. Sad to say but the recent fluorescent ban has struck and I’m not surprised to see other lamp factories to close down. I’m still waiting for the announcement of the closure of the Belgian Philips Turnhout  plant… be prepared for this sad moment!
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is Philips closing Polish plant in Pila ? « Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 03:58:46 PM » Author: Jovan
Why should they be present in the future? Fluorescent lighting is dead! Also they tried to make LED bulbs but I don’t think they still are…. Sad to say but the recent fluorescent ban has struck and I’m not surprised to see other lamp factories to close down. I’m still waiting for the announcement of the closure of the Belgian Philips Turnhout  plant… be prepared for this sad moment!
Well fluorescent lamps are dead,but I think that lamps made in Europe are better than Chinese ones.I saw somewhere German and Belgium LEDs from Osram and Sylvania
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is Philips closing Polish plant in Pila ? « Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 11:52:19 PM » Author: Michael
Every European manufacturer made for a short period LED lamps in their European factory but they quickly gave up once they realized that it is much cheaper to produce them in China…. And I don’t think that this will change.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies