Author Topic: The first street light you ever saw in person?  (Read 1287 times)
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: The first street light you ever saw in person? « Reply #15 on: July 22, 2022, 08:50:30 PM » Author: Molly
There were some MV NEMAs in Brattleboro, VT.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: The first street light you ever saw in person? « Reply #16 on: July 24, 2022, 01:00:31 PM » Author: Cole D.
I lived in the country, so there weren't any streetlights in my neighborhood. So probably something downtown, really don't recall exactly, but I do have early memories of the acorn style post tops along the main street.

If any HID or outdoor fixture counts, then that would probably be the MV bucket light we had in the back yard. I used to stare up at it all the time!

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The first street light you ever saw in person? « Reply #17 on: July 26, 2022, 12:30:36 PM » Author: Molly
Ah, that makes sense. Haven't had any bucket lights near me.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
Re: The first street light you ever saw in person? « Reply #18 on: July 26, 2022, 01:10:21 PM » Author: Olav
A photo from January 1968.

In the photo you can see me and a "HELLUX 300" fixture, a U-shaped fluorescent lamp fixture.
That was very typical for our region in Hamburg. I never liked those fixtures though.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: The first street light you ever saw in person? « Reply #19 on: July 26, 2022, 01:48:23 PM » Author: AngryHorse
That’s cool  ;), my dad’s got loads of black and white photos of me and my sister in the early 70s, walking along snowy streets in our town showing our street lighting when they were all mercury lamps   8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
Re: The first street light you ever saw in person? « Reply #20 on: July 26, 2022, 02:21:31 PM » Author: Olav
Hello Rich, will we see a photo of you and the MV Fixture?
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: The first street light you ever saw in person? « Reply #21 on: July 26, 2022, 02:31:33 PM » Author: AngryHorse
I’d have to wait until I go down to visit my folks, they live 140 miles away from me now!  ;)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The first street light you ever saw in person? « Reply #22 on: July 26, 2022, 02:36:08 PM » Author: Molly
That's awesome!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies