Author Topic: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs  (Read 178 times)
KarenatWarsash

View Posts
View Gallery

Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « on: May 06, 2024, 09:27:59 AM » Author: KarenatWarsash
 I have 11 Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs, which my tennis club doesn't need because we have converted to LED.
Other tennis clubs cannot yet afford to convert to LED, and are looking for Halogen/Halide floodlight bulbs. But none of us seem to know what bulbs are equivalent of what other bulbs, and indeed what bulbs will go with which fittings.

A specific example is a Club who has HIE 1000W/U/4K 46109 Venture. We thought/hoped that our bulbs would be compatible, but our Sylvania did not go into their fitting. Can anyone give me an idiots guide please, to what info I should be asking/telling other tennis clubs about our bulbs. 
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 11:13:26 PM » Author: Maxim
Are your floodlight bulbs self-ballasted? I have a few PAR floods which have integral ballasts...

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 08:24:06 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
M47 is 1000 watt Metal Halide. Nothing to do with halogen. Metal halides need a specific ballast to work properly. Any ballast marked "1000 watt M47 Metal Halide lamp" will work. If the lamps are still new, and you are looking to get rid of them, I might be interested as long as the shipping doesen't end up being too pricy.
KarenatWarsash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 08:23:57 AM » Author: KarenatWarsash
Hello, I don't know if they are self-ballasted. I know virtually nothing about floodlight bulbs.
However, the 2nd reply in this thread seems to go some way to answering your question.
KarenatWarsash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Metalarc M47 Floodlight bulbs « Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 08:25:31 AM » Author: KarenatWarsash
M47 is 1000 watt Metal Halide. Nothing to do with halogen. Metal halides need a specific ballast to work properly. Any ballast marked "1000 watt M47 Metal Halide lamp" will work. If the lamps are still new, and you are looking to get rid of them, I might be interested as long as the shipping doesen't end up being too pricy.

I am looking to get rid of them. I'm in Hampshire, UK. Where are you?
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies