Author Topic: The trouble some go to just to get CFL's....  (Read 1978 times)
arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

The trouble some go to just to get CFL's.... « on: March 04, 2009, 02:01:46 PM » Author: arcblue
Some go to the length of serious crime, apparently: Big rig full of energy efficent light bulbs hijacked .

Now, while there's no excuse for this kind of behavior, I could see it maybe happening over a truckload of Westinghouse 100w BT-25 /C cleartops...but CFLs?????

I'm lampin...

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: The trouble some go to just to get CFL's.... « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 03:17:04 PM » Author: FGS
Or machinery that makes MV ballasts (westinghouse ballasts). I heard during the Prohibition during the 1930s people made moonshine (homemade alcohol.) I think the same is happening with MV ballasts. ;D Just hope they're cheap and QC (Quality Control) is tight. The homebrew ballasts causes the government to see that it's expensive to enforce the ban and gives up, but tells the companies to research ways to improve MV lamps and ballasts.

That's just my dream.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies