Author Topic: I NEED HELP!  (Read 1426 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
I NEED HELP! « on: December 08, 2017, 03:21:12 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
The back side of the Christmas lights keep going out, while its raining. Is there a open outlet somewhere, because I mostly covered every outlet, and connections, plus, I also raised the connections above, so that way, that the water puddles don't submerge the connection, and still the GFCI keeps tripping. Please ask me down below.

Thanks.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: I NEED HELP! « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:39:17 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Could you take pictures of these outlets? also what type of lights are you using?? are they all outdoor rated?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I NEED HELP! « Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 03:43:56 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Some are incandscent, and some that are LED, and they are outdoor use lights.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I NEED HELP! « Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 05:02:11 PM » Author: Ash
somwhere where the string is in contact with metallic building structures, there is either damaged isolation, or the seal on one of the lamps is bad and water film is present from the insides of the socket up to the point of contact with the structure

Divide and conquer

Inspect to see...

Suspend it with isolators (even something as simple as pieces of solid electrical wire in its insulation) to prevent any contact between the string and metal structures

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I NEED HELP! « Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 07:07:54 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Ok, thanks, I'll try that.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I NEED HELP! « Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 09:45:31 AM » Author: funkybulb
It dont take much to trip those out it can be a problematic  with xmas strings.  U will need
Find what in string causing problems  like Ash
Said check set for bad insualations change
GFCI outlet can help if that one just too
Sensative. What it does it sense current
Imballaces due to leakage on sets causing
Tripping

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I NEED HELP! « Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 07:24:15 PM » Author: sol
I usually seal the connections with lots of electrical tape, and usually it takes care of the problem. It sometimes still trips, though.

Water entering somewhere is the culprit, though. You might have cracked insulation on an extension cord somewhere, and that can be very difficult to isolate. You can try unplugging part of your setup to see if it still trips. By way of trial and error, you might just be able to pinpoint where the problem lies, which will make it easier to fix.

In fact, I have the intention of installing my outdoor receptacle GFCI inside the basement entrance so I won't have to step out every time it trips. It protects all outdoor outlets downstream, and the wall is unfinished behind it so it should be (relatively) easy.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I NEED HELP! « Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 11:23:24 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I think theres a end plug thats not property sealed correctly. That could be what it is, till I get some electrical tape, which is from Walmart for like 58 cents, the Hyper Tough brand, then I'll inspect it and then i'll fix it.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies