Author Topic: Meeting other Lighting Guys experence...  (Read 2459 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Meeting other Lighting Guys experence... « on: January 19, 2009, 12:08:18 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I am gonna share what other members I met was like, and stuff......

I'll love to hear you guys tell me what othere members you met was like.....(can be people out of LG if they are lighting collectors)

Now be nice! If you are not nice or was mean, it will be deleted....

Steve (servicer1) - Met on March 25, 2006. First member I met, very very generous thoughful guy who thinks about others first than himself. He is very well social and a "people's" guy. At at the mid 40's, he can relate with younger people very very well and have fun!

Jeremiah (j-frog) - Met on January 1st 2007. The 2nd member to meet. He was very outgoing guy who really liked people! When he has fun he is filled with joy and can be as hyper as me which makes others smile and laugh because it is positively funny. He is also thoughful and tries to be well liked person. He loves to talk!!!

Spencer - (swpidgeon) Met on February 11th 2008. 3rd member to meet, he was the type that would say "OH yeah" with a FEELING. He likes to socialize but busy but tries to take up the time to meet others. Also frequently says "NAH!"

Geoff (gmercury2000) - Met on April 6, 2008. If you first meet him, you'll probably mistakely judge him since I first met him and saw he was really quiet...but the 2nd time I met him....he was pretty much a nutcase like me....(Quote from his girlfriend: 'he's an ass') He's very unselfish and seems to be most available into meeting me. I relate with him very well apparently   He understands me and my deaf speech the best of all and I understand him well too. He seems tolerant to meet any kinds of people! Oh one more thing, he's EXTREMELY sarcastic like me!!!....oh he burps just to make me fall on the floor and laugh so hard.......(but seriously I think he has some gas problem)

F.G.S. (FGS, what else?) - Met on December 20, 2008. Loves to meet people, he is really good at laughing and likes to be crazy. He is mostly mellow during our visits but likes to be funny. 

Brian (just like his sign in name!) - coming soon!!!!!!!!!!

Andy (baltolineman) Met on April 13, 2008. I only met him ONCE for a short time....he was really nice, but here's the thing....while meeting him...never once saw his eyes...so I don't even know what he looks like (feels like when on TV they censors peoples eyes with a big black bar)

Dave (Silverliner) - First talked on video around late 2006-early 2007. I have never met him in person, but I have talked to him frequently on video. he is pretty mellow nice guy. He loves to show his collection. Often he claims he is a serious guy who doesn't laugh much. But I don't see that, he has a good sense of humor, I can easily crack him up!

Now share yours!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:03:02 AM by TudorWhiz » Logged

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Meeting other Lighting Guys experence... « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 05:54:45 AM » Author: Silverliner
Here are the ones I met:

Jim Terry (known as lighthumor here on LG but doesn't really post). First met in fall 2000. Great guy and loves the street lights in California, especially the LA area. Very close to my age also.

Jeremiah (j-frog). First met in fall 2006. Nice guy with a passion for lighting. Enjoyed checking out the thrift shops with him and playing with fluorescent lighting.

Henry (Dimbulb). First met on January 17th 2009. Most recent lighting guy I've hanged out with. At this time of typing I visited him just last Saturday. Lots of fun discussing about not only lights, but also classic cars and other antiques which I also love!

I have also met other lighting guys but thats another story for next time...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:21:02 AM by Silverliner » Logged

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Meeting other Lighting Guys experence... « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 01:06:40 PM » Author: FGS
Jace - (The Seagull) Met him on December 20, 2008. He's absolutely nuts, but a nice guy. Let not forget he's generous. He's also funny, like all the time. I couldn't stop laughing. He sneaky but in a funny way. Made me laugh at that one.

Geoff - (The Giraffe) Met him on December 28, 2008 with Jace. He's also a nice fella. He's also generous. He's one funny guy. Both Jace and Geoff likes to clown around.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Meeting other Lighting Guys experence... « Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 02:24:30 AM » Author: DimBulb
So far I've only met Dave-(Silverliner). He came down to visit me here in San Diego. Our visit was only a couple of hours but it was a lotta fun!!! He's a heck of a nice guy and a wealth of information. I think we have a lot of similar interests. I'm hoping to spend more time hang'n out with him in the future!

My very first word was LIGHT!

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Meeting other Lighting Guys experence... « Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 06:27:40 AM » Author: DaveMan
I met Jeremiah aka J-Frog. Very nice and giving guy and he has proven to be a true friend. We have a lot of fun going to thrift stores and other places to find cool lighting stuff for cheap or sometimes even free. Plus we share a lot of non lighting ineterests and get each others' humor and quirks which is a good thing of course. I have known him since late 2007 in case you wondered.

I also talked to Don93s on the phone briefly once. Again, a very nice guy as well as generous, as well as very knowledgeable. He's also the guy who inspired me to make chopped down preheat fixtures out of larger fixtures, having seen some of his creations. I'd highly reccomend checking out his tutorial pictures documenting the steps on how to make a strip fixture that uses a 14 watt 15 inch lamp aka the F14T12. I followed it pretty closely on the remains of a F20T12 strip and the resulting fixture looked almost professional.

So far no more collector meetings outside of AIM chat rooms yet, though that could easily change.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Meeting other Lighting Guys experence... « Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 01:23:33 AM » Author: J-Frog
People I've met who are into lighting...
It starts with Jason Chapman, otherwise known as the seagull.  I joined LG and he sent me a cool old Westy 175w lamp and 100w GE lamp.  He's a very nice guy and also a very good host when I visited him.  He's full of energy and is usually pretty happy too!

There's Dave DeSantis, who seems more mellow than Jason, kinda like a gentle giant, and he's known as the Yoshi.  He has a massive collection, and gladly shares it with others, he's also a good host when I visit him.

Don Scalf seems to be an experimenter like me, messing with various fluorescent lamps and shunting ballasts, and overdriving HID lamps!  He's also really nice, and also very generous.

Dave Lay is my good friend in the bay area, Jason helped me meet him via LG.  He's a lot like me, and he likes the old preheater fixtures and likes it when they blink a lot before starting.  He's also very nice, and generous.  I helped increase the size of his collection as did Jason.

Alain or arcblue I've met recently, he has a good sized collection and shares some of my other interests as well.  A very nice guy, and also very generous, I mean all these guys have given me ans others stuff from their collection.

Geoff, the giraffe.  A funny guy who likes to joke around a lot, makes me and Jason laugh constantly.  As all the others, he's also very generous, nice and generally fun to be around.  He has a very cool setup in his bedroom with streetlamps, light fixtures and lamps, similar to what Jason has.

There's Spencer, known as the pigeon.  He is a very busy man, but he's really nice and generous, and fun to hang out with.  He's also full of knowledge.

Steve, a BGE lineman, also a really busy man, but he goes out of the way to help us out.  He's a family man and devotes a good amount of his time to his family, which is important.  Out of all of us, he is probably the most mature and yet still fun to hang out with!

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Meeting other Lighting Guys experence... « Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 09:54:21 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Up to now I first chatted with Devonte (Form109) yesterday, March 02, 2009. A cool guy, we had a very animated conversation  ;D I hope to chat with other members, that would be cool!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies