Author Topic: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why?  (Read 8832 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #30 on: January 08, 2020, 02:29:33 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
A few cases of 55 watt Sox. A case each of /C, /W, /DX, /R and clear 175 watt lifeguard lamps. A case of GE "3" fluorescent lamps in warm white and cool white. Colored fluorescent lamps of various colors. Cases of Westinghouse 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 1000 watt incandescent lamps.

Also a case of 1500w GE spot light bulbs like the one I own.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:33:06 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #31 on: January 08, 2020, 02:31:35 PM » Author: Rommie
A few cases of 55 watt Sox. A case each of /C, /W, /DX, /R and clear 175 watt lifeguard lamps. A case of GE "3" fluorescent lamps in warm white and cool white. Colored fluorescent lamps of various colors. Cases of Westinghouse 75, 100, 150, 200 and 300 watt incandescent lamps
You must live in a [censored] big house..!! We'd love to get cases of lamps, but we'd have nowhere to store them all, we're having trouble now  :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:33:30 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #32 on: January 08, 2020, 02:35:09 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
You must live in a [censored] big house..!! We'd love to get cases of lamps, but we'd have nowhere to store them all, we're having trouble now  :D

I have a basement where I could stash these bulbs to feed my fixtures.... The problem is the lack of time traveling ability.

If I went back in time with the amount of currency I have today I could probably buy all those cases and still remain within a single paychecks worth of money.. Maybe. Unless I'm misjudging inflation

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #33 on: January 08, 2020, 02:38:54 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I have a basement where I could stash these bulbs to feed my fixtures.... The problem is the lack of time traveling ability.

If I went back in time with the amount of currency I have today I could probably buy all those cases and still remain within a single paychecks worth of money.. Maybe. Unless I'm misjudging inflation
It depends how far back in time you go...  :D

We live in a small one bedroom flat of less than 520 square feet, so storage is at a premium  ::)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Wireman
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #34 on: September 02, 2020, 10:46:10 PM » Author: Wireman
I'd get an OV-50, Unistyle 400,and a GE M-400.
I'd stock up on plenty of clear and coated MV lamps for them.
Next back to the late 50s for a caution yellow MV lamp.
Then on to the 80s to load up on all of those GE incandescents that I grew up with.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #35 on: September 03, 2020, 12:01:06 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I would get A caution yellow MV , I'd get a couple of CASES of them !!   :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Wireman
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #36 on: September 03, 2020, 12:25:29 AM » Author: Wireman
I would get A caution yellow MV , I'd get a couple of CASES of them !!   :lol:
Why stop with a couple of cases? Grab a few more. We are dreaming right? 8)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #37 on: September 03, 2020, 12:54:58 AM » Author: Lumex120
I'd get a few pallets full of 50w mercury ballasts, maybe some fixtures too.

Unofficial LG Discord

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #38 on: September 03, 2020, 07:59:56 AM » Author: Rommie
Getting back to reality for a moment, think a little. Unless you (a) have a genuine use for lamps by the case, and (b) have the storage space for them, all you need is just a few lamps to preserve them, then other collectors have a chance at getting some. If you for example have 150 180W SOX lamps then that's 149 that aren't available for me to buy, because you've got them.

Unless someone has a genuine need for large numbers of a particular lamp, such as several operating fixtures that will need lamps to operate with over many years of service, then hoarding them isn't right. We have a fair few lamps, but except for incandescents which we plan to use in service, not more than 2 or 3 of any particular type.

That's my opinion, anyway.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 08:02:22 AM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #39 on: September 04, 2020, 11:59:27 PM » Author: Cole D.
I'd probably go back to the 80s to get mercury GE 201SA fixtures back when they sold commercial-based utility fixtures for home use, instead of the cheapo yardblasters we get these days.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #40 on: December 19, 2020, 11:04:34 PM » Author: Binarix128
I would go to the late nineteenth century for get some early incandescent bulbs. Then I would go to the 2011 before incandescent bulbs were banned here and started to disappear.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #41 on: December 19, 2020, 11:15:44 PM » Author: joseph_125
I think I would get what would be one of the rarest fluorescent lamps, the 3ft 65 watt T17 and a matching fixture. It was the shorter sibling to the F100T17 and was only made for a couple years and discontinued in the early 1940s due to war shortages.

A runner up might be a case of F100T17 lamps(as opposed to the F90T17 made after the 1950s to replace it) and a Type RF fluorescent lamp and fixture.

For HID, something like a full set of /X or /Y lamps would be nice. Or the Halarc first light I guess.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #42 on: December 20, 2020, 04:31:09 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I would probably time travel to the 1970s and get mercury vapor lamps with /C, /N, /WDX, /X, /W phosphors and I would also get cases of SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps from the UK since these are my favorite low pressure sodium lamps since some of these low pressure sodium lamps can be used on preheat circuits.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #43 on: December 20, 2020, 10:18:44 AM » Author: Michael
I would get 4x40W fluorescent street lights known as æeroform. Also I would get a span wire street light lantern for one PowerGroove 215W tube, just like those I remember in Montreux which were up till the mid 90s.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #44 on: January 13, 2021, 09:01:30 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I would get LOTS of Caution MV lamps, Some “Side Mount” Incandescent streetlights, Various Radial Waves and Crescent moons. Also would grab a Westinghouse OV25 flatbottom and LM Unistyle 250 (both being NOS). Probably some more but I can’t think of them right now.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies