Author Topic: A phenomenon that i have seen in new HPS retrofit for MV ballasts in videos  (Read 1586 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

A phenomenon that i have seen in new HPS retrofit for MV ballasts in videos « on: April 10, 2012, 07:05:04 AM » Author: dor123
While there are some HPS retrofits for MV ballasts that turns from red neon to bluish mercury and then to orange sodium, i have seen in many videos of some members here, that new HPS retrofits lamps that turns from red neon to orange sodium without the bluish mercury color in between, tends to turn for a second to a xenon like white color between the red neon to the orange sodium color.
Why this is happening? Is this also related to the mercury in the lamps?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A phenomenon that i have seen in new HPS retrofit for MV ballasts in videos « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 10:46:30 AM » Author: Ash
IDK but i see it with our "normal" HPS too

I have GE Lucalox SON-E 150W that does not go through mercury color, and few other 150W HPS's that do go through mercury color

It is also related to lamp age - older lamp tends to light more in mercury color
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: A phenomenon that i have seen in new HPS retrofit for MV ballasts in videos « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:53:18 AM » Author: dor123
Ash: I don't means why several HPS have mercury color after starting.
I means why neon based HPS retrofits for MV ballasts that don't shows the mercury color during the move from the red neon color to the orange sodium color, exhibits a xenon like white color for a sec between the red and the orange color, as i saw in videos?
This question may only be answered by other members, as we haven't these lamps in Israel.
Probably this is a camera AWB that causes this color, and in reality this is a colors mixture of the merucry+sodium colors?
lantern_vision can answer this, as he have numerous neon based HPS retrofit for MV ballasts.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: A phenomenon that i have seen in new HPS retrofit for MV ballasts in videos « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 01:43:08 PM » Author: BG101
If you've only actually seen this on videos then there is no way to judge it because as you say, white balance will probably come into play and cameras (also monitors to some degree) tend not to be very colour-accurate with high intensity light sources. Even decent cameras struggle with colour purity on things like neon signs.

BG

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies