Author Topic: Is it possible to run a SLI/H 200W on VHO 215 ballast?  (Read 1723 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Is it possible to run a SLI/H 200W on VHO 215 ballast? « on: November 15, 2013, 12:17:19 PM » Author: Michael
Yesterday  I got two NOS SLI/H 200W lamps but no proper ballast as they never have been marketed here in Switzerland.

Which is the best ballast with the closest electrical values to run them smoothly? I've heard that SON 150W choke + ignitor would work quite well but my question is would this lamp work properly in combination with a VHO 215W SRS Ballast? Normally the VHO tube draws about 1.5Amps while the SLI/H 200W 1.55A. Here the ballast I intend to use:  http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=537&pos=24&pid=15701

Thank's Michael
LightBulbFun

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it possible to run a SLI/H 200W on VHO 215 ballast? « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 11:27:31 AM » Author: LightBulbFun
if there the later thorn ones with SOX looking cathodes then no as u will short out the heating transformer and cood risk frying ur ballast if there the ones with flrocent tube style cathodes then yea u can  :)

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it possible to run a SLI/H 200W on VHO 215 ballast? « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 12:52:59 PM » Author: Michael
The cathodes are of the later helical stile. I may try to fire it on the ballast with only one lead at each side but firstly I've to figure out which wire I have to take. I think the open voltage might be enough high as the ballast is 400V type.

if there the later thorn ones with SOX looking cathodes then no as u will short out the heating transformer and cood risk frying ur ballast if there the ones with flrocent tube style cathodes then yea u can  :)
LightBulbFun

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it possible to run a SLI/H 200W on VHO 215 ballast? « Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 01:27:58 PM » Author: LightBulbFun
eny lead will work if its ocv is more then 500V it shode strike but only use one lead on each end or u will short out the cathode heating tranny.

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies