Author Topic: Are there other countries, where CFLs retrofits nearly everything  (Read 1393 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Are there other countries, where CFLs retrofits nearly everything « on: January 28, 2013, 01:14:01 PM » Author: dor123
I want to ask if there are other LG members, where in their countries, CFLs retrofits nearly everything, like in Israel.
In Israel, CFLs are often called "Economical lamps" (Meaning that they are allegedly economical to other lamps). The results is, that in Israel, CFLs replaces nearly everythings: From incandescents in household fixtures and halogens in floodlights, through TCs (PLs), squares (2Ds) and linear fluorescents in recessed and sealed fixtures and downlighters, to HID lamps in floodlighting, highbays, lowbays, downlighters and roadlighting (There is also a trend to replace MH lamps with Megamen Clusterlites). This reached to the point, that HID lamps are less popular in Israel than in the past, for outdoor lighting (Except high intensity roadlighting)
Is this the state in other countries.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:28:50 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Are there other countries, where CFLs retrofits nearly everything « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:15:01 PM » Author: Silverliner
Well it's not a country, but the local school district has recently converted many of its parking lot lights from high pressure sodium to large daylight CFLs, prolly 105w. They are really dim.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Are there other countries, where CFLs retrofits nearly everything « Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 03:59:45 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Nowadays, LED lighting is known to retrofit nearly every existing light fixture out there in most countries.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Are there other countries, where CFLs retrofits nearly everything « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 12:01:53 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Cfl didn't retrofit much in India but led sure did. Even before led tubes existed, led battens that could be independently placed or inside a fixture.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
One of the only Indian members here!
245v 50Hz

TheDischargeGuy16

View Posts
View Gallery

SGS 203

Re: Are there other countries, where CFLs retrofits nearly everything « Reply #4 on: May 09, 2024, 07:30:39 AM » Author: TheDischargeGuy16
Same here in Romania most people don't know what a cfl is so they call it economical bulb.
In villages before mass ledzation old (...) made fixtures that used to run mv lamps had their ballast ripped out and instead there was installed the cheapest Chinese cfl that was dim af and made the fixtures look bad.
When the cfls disappeared they started putting cheap leds in them that obligatory had to be 6500k.
Here's a floodlight that was cflizied
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 07:39:44 AM by TheDischargeGuy16 » Logged

LED hater since born

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Are there other countries, where CFLs retrofits nearly everything « Reply #5 on: May 12, 2024, 12:58:11 AM » Author: Richmond2000
BC Canada and BC hydro had BIG campaigns for CFL change over and loads of commercial pot lights were installed during 90s reno jobs that took PL lamps and PL lamp flood lights and "yard lights" where quite common
and Hydro would give away CFL GLS lamps all the time
but Canada predominantly having globally LOW power rates it was a "hard sell" to rip out existing for CFL outside of reno projects
the electrodeless induction lamps in the early 2000's saw more success with some stores retrofitting there mercury high bays to them OR older T12 liniers for high bays
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies