Author Topic: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests.  (Read 1149 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « on: November 13, 2020, 09:54:46 AM » Author: HPS_250
This bug seems to have started happening within the last few days. When I am logged into this site, all members who have hidden email addresses do not have visible email addresses. However, when I log out of the site, I can view the email address of any member by clicking on the “mail” icon below their profile photo. From what I can tell, this means that any guest can view any member’s email while the bug is active. Could it be fixed? Thank you for any help.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:08:04 PM by HPS_250 » Logged

I don’t collect lighting, however I have always been interested!
I enjoy photography, making videos, and will be here to photograph street and outdoor lighting.

Other interests include hiking, nature, biking, as well as identifying and photographing birds and plants.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 01:02:44 PM » Author: Binarix128
That needs to be corrected as quickly as possible, spammers like the one I got a few days ago might exploit that bug for their spam.  @-@

LED will never beat other lamps. :inc: :hps: :mv:
Creator of CaptureCommons

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 01:08:43 PM » Author: HPS_250
That needs to be corrected as quickly as possible, spammers like the one I got a few days ago might exploit that bug for their spam.  @-@

I agree, spam mail is never good. I got a spam email for something called “LED Balloon Tower light” a few days ago.

I don’t collect lighting, however I have always been interested!
I enjoy photography, making videos, and will be here to photograph street and outdoor lighting.

Other interests include hiking, nature, biking, as well as identifying and photographing birds and plants.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 01:10:43 PM » Author: Binarix128
I agree, spam mail is never good. I got a spam email for something called “LED Balloon Tower light” a few days ago.
Coincidence! I also got an LED related spam.  :poof:

After discovering that exploit all they need to do is to add a little script to their existing auto-spammer, that automatically connects data from Google and other sites with trackers.

I'll recommend all you to keep your use of Google services as a minimal.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:13:50 PM by Binarix128 » Logged

LED will never beat other lamps. :inc: :hps: :mv:
Creator of CaptureCommons

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 02:44:11 PM » Author: sox35
This is something Patrick needs to look into, hopefully it'll be fixed soon  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 02:54:20 PM » Author: Patrick
Sorry about that, we overlooked it during testing.  The 'hide_email' property name had changed, and I missed updating the gallery profile which reads it.  Since 'hide_email' was no longer set, it began showing email all the time.  I've switched it to use the new property.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 02:55:45 PM » Author: sox35
Yes that looks ok now, glad it was a simple fix  :)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 03:01:24 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Glad the issue has been fixed! :)

zzz

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 03:04:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Oops... :-[
We all do things like that at times.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Email addresses are correctly hidden when logged in, but visible to guests. « Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 08:04:06 PM » Author: LampLover

Yes when talking about email SPAM sucks but back in high school I used to fry up some SPAM and cut it into pieces and put them into a bowel of ramen noodle soup that was very tasty (and also UN-healthy) ramen noodle soups were a lot cheaper 19 years ago (8 for $1 not the 3-4 for $1 like now) they also had a lot more flavor variety back then.

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines