Author Topic: What streetlights are in your neighborhood or local street?  (Read 9939 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What streetlights are in your neighborhood or local street? « Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 10:04:04 PM » Author: HPS_250
My neighborhood has GE M-250R2 fixtures that are 70w HPS. All are FCO and on concrete poles. Mostly all of the lights are the same, but one is 50w instead of 70w for some reason.

I take that back...  :'( :'(
My neighborhood now has GE ERS1 LEDs in 4000K. They are ugly, dim, and overall disgusting. The HPS was replaced so quickly that I could not save any from my street.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What streetlights are in your neighborhood or local street? « Reply #31 on: October 18, 2020, 02:38:16 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
The neighborhoods that I have lived in are still lit by HPS lanterns. They are mostly GE M250R2 lanterns with 70w, 100w, and 150w HPS lamps designed for the US market. I also know of some Crouse Hinds L150 lanterns sporting US 100w HPS bulbs too.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What streetlights are in your neighborhood or local street? « Reply #32 on: October 30, 2020, 04:46:12 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Loads of top entry Thorn Beta 5s, with 35watt SOX
Yes, like HPS_250, as an update, starting in December 2017, it took Cheshire East Council just 3 months to completely remove every single one of our SOX, (along with their original concrete columns), from our whole town!
I have to admit, it was a pretty impressive feat for the handful of guys they had doing it, (one bucket truck, one column truck, and a service van)!!
However, I was happy with their choice of lanterns, Philips Mk I Uni-Street’s, not cheap nasty glare bombs that other councils seem to be installing in other places!, quality and style that you expect from Philips!

I for one am glad to see our streets in white again, ( like the good old MV days ) I remember in the 70s!
I’ve even got a Uni-Street as my yard light at the back of my house!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What streetlights are in your neighborhood or local street? « Reply #33 on: October 30, 2020, 05:17:28 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Yes, like HPS_250, as an update, starting in December 2017, it took Cheshire East Council just 3 months to completely remove every single one of our SOX, (along with their original concrete columns), from our whole town!
I have to admit, it was a pretty impressive feat for the handful of guys they had doing it, (one bucket truck, one column truck, and a service van)!!
However, I was happy with their choice of lanterns, Philips Mk I Uni-Street’s, not cheap nasty glare bombs that other councils seem to be installing in other places!, quality and style that you expect from Philips!

I for one am glad to see our streets in white again, ( like the good old MV days ) I remember in the 70s!
I’ve even got a Uni-Street as my yard light at the back of my house!

Did the council throw away privately owned SOX lanterns?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What streetlights are in your neighborhood or local street? « Reply #34 on: October 30, 2020, 05:39:05 PM » Author: AngryHorse
They did leave 2 on the side of our community centre, but I haven’t seen these work for a couple of years now??, don’t know if the community centre turned them off, or they have been disconnected?, but no they didn’t scrap private ones.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What streetlights are in your neighborhood or local street? « Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 11:50:03 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Evluma AreaMax
GE M-400A (3)
GE M-400A1
Hubbell RLC-400

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What streetlights are in your neighborhood or local street? « Reply #36 on: November 12, 2020, 05:51:26 AM » Author: Rommie
Did the council throw away privately owned SOX lanterns?
How could they throw away lanterns that don't belong to them..? If they're on private property then they're nothing to do with the council or anybody else.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What streetlights are in your neighborhood or local street? « Reply #37 on: November 15, 2020, 12:15:04 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
In my neighbourhood:

Powerlite Devices B2255
Powerlite Devices B2227
Powerlite Devices B2217

Westinghouse OV 25 (and Cooper OV 25)
Westinghouse OV 15 (and Cooper OV 15)

Cooper OVZ
Cooper OVX
Cooper OVF

AEL 115
AEL 125
AEL 13

McGraw Edison Unidor 400
McGraw Edison Unidor 175
You are LUCKY, my friend!  :angel:

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What streetlights are in your neighborhood or local street? « Reply #38 on: November 15, 2020, 05:30:17 PM » Author: joseph_125
You are LUCKY, my friend!  :angel:

Yeah it was a good mix of streetlights. My area adopted HPS early on during the late 1970s so there was a lot of vintage lights back then. Unfortunately we converted to LED between 2014-2015 which killed off a lot of HPS streetlights. Of the ones that survived, I think the newer lights like the AELs, the OV25s and some of the Powerlites.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies