Author Topic: time change issue  (Read 881 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

time change issue « on: November 18, 2020, 12:35:12 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I just had to reset my time offset for the first time since I joined LG . I noticed recently that I was an hour off compared to actual time . any ideas WHY  ??? 

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: time change issue « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 12:42:07 AM » Author: joseph_125
I believe the clock might not adjust properly for DST. I've tended to just ignore the clock on the site and use the PC clock instead. Mine is the DST time for me, an hour ahead.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: time change issue « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 12:55:31 AM » Author: HPS_250
I generally use the regular computer clock that’s always in the top corner of my screen. I have tried to offset the site clock to PST, which is my time zone, but it continually switches to EST for some reason.

I don’t collect lighting, however I have always been interested!
I enjoy photography, making videos, and will be here to photograph street and outdoor lighting.

Other interests include hiking, nature, biking, as well as identifying and photographing birds and plants.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: time change issue « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 12:57:37 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I mainly just use it when viewing topics in the forum . since I'm usually on kinda late it doesn't highlight the recent posts as "today" . Now that I changed my time offset everything is back to normal. I'll probably have to change it back in the spring. 

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: time change issue « Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 02:34:22 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We change the time offset to correspond with our time zone, and that works for forum posts, but the gallery time stays set to the site time.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:
Budding Author
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines