Author Topic: Crouse Hinds 100w mercury vapor retrofit fixture, does it have asbestos wiring?  (Read 1246 times)
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Crouse Hinds 100w mercury vapor retrofit fixture, does it have asbestos wiring? « Reply #15 on: November 20, 2020, 02:17:56 PM » Author: BT25
I think that it's a shame that asbestos is a real serious health problem. It works wonders for its intended purpose.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Crouse Hinds 100w mercury vapor retrofit fixture, does it have asbestos wiring? « Reply #16 on: November 20, 2020, 02:45:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I think that it's a shame that asbestos is a real serious health problem. It works wonders for its intended purpose.
Yes, so long as it's not damaged in any way, then it's safe to carry on using it.
Our ironing board is about seventy years old, and is still perfectly usable.  :)
So why throw away things that can carry on being used.?  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Crouse Hinds 100w mercury vapor retrofit fixture, does it have asbestos wiring? « Reply #17 on: November 20, 2020, 04:24:45 PM » Author: HPS_250
I agree, asbestos was useful to a point. The health effects are more improvement to me than the use though. Thank you for all of the replies and suggestions. I will not be buying this fixture.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies