Author Topic: Site seems Slow to load at times  (Read 3540 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #15 on: January 20, 2021, 02:41:17 PM » Author: joseph_125
I've noticed it a lot in the past week or so, even during times when the site wouldn't normally slow down like during the evening (EST) for me.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #16 on: January 20, 2021, 09:30:30 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
A few days ago I was trying to view photos and received an error I'd never had before .

Coppermine Critical Error :
      Unable to connect to the database !
      My SQL said : Too Many Connections .

??? ??? ???

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 06:53:06 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
A few days ago I was trying to view photos and received an error I'd never had before .

??? ??? ???
I've had that error message.  :curse:
I just went and made a mug of coffee, and tried again later. 

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 08:09:06 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I've had that error message.  :curse:
I just went and made a mug of coffee, and tried again later.

Same here, i just wait a bit and then i can access the site, it has been acting slower as of the last two weeks compaired to other websites, so it isnt soemthing wrong at my end. Wonder what causes this, I work on lightbulbs, not computers! ::) :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #19 on: January 21, 2021, 08:12:44 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Same here, i just wait a bit and then i can access the site, it has been acting slower as of the last two weeks compaired to other websites, so it isnt soemthing wrong at my end. Wonder what causes this, I work on lightbulbs, not computers! ::) :mrg:
As Rommie said, it's probably down to sheer volume of traffic. :wndr:
You know what it's like during rush hour...  :curse:
Incidentally, why do they call it rush hour, the last thing you do then is rush...  :mrg:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting forever!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #20 on: January 21, 2021, 12:53:57 PM » Author: HPS_250

??? ??? ???

I got the same error when trying to load the site at around 9:00 PM PST yesterday. This error doesn’t seem to be common, usually if there is a problem I just get “500 internal server error”.

I like all kinds of lighting, except for LED, which I classify as a disease.
- HID lamp and fixture collector
- Vintage incandescent lamp collector
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard sickness since 2019.
Save the sodium lamps! :hps: :lps:
Other interests include photography and nature.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #21 on: January 21, 2021, 01:33:28 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The error message seems to indicate that there aren't enough routes into the server to handle the volume of traffic, so it's an 'engaged tone'  :wndr:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #22 on: January 21, 2021, 09:41:53 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
LG has been nightmarishly slow within the past few minutes.

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #23 on: January 21, 2021, 11:44:46 PM » Author: joseph_125
Been noticing it a lot at around 9-10pm EST the past week or so. I know the site would sometimes slowdown around 3-4AM EST in the past for overnight maintenance but the late evening slowdown is new to me. It's a bit annoying as sometimes I would comment and it would fail to submit it with a 500 error and lose the comment.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 02:16:42 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Been noticing it a lot at around 9-10pm EST the past week or so. I know the site would sometimes slowdown around 3-4AM EST in the past for overnight maintenance but the late evening slowdown is new to me. It's a bit annoying as sometimes I would comment and it would fail to submit it with a 500 error and lose the comment.
That or the comment quadruples itself!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 02:19:39 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That or the comment quadruples itself!
That comes down to clicking on 'OK' multiple times, trying to get the [censored] comment to upload.  :curse:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #26 on: January 22, 2021, 10:10:55 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
That comes down to clicking on 'OK' multiple times, trying to get the [censored] comment to upload.  :curse:
I'm guilty of that! :lol:
Good thing I delete them after.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #27 on: January 22, 2021, 11:12:57 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Whenever I find duplicate comments on my photos I'll delete the extras if the original poster didn't .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #28 on: January 22, 2021, 11:58:05 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
If i see duplicate comments that are unnoticed around the site I may remove them

Administrator #5

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #29 on: January 23, 2021, 05:15:26 AM » Author: dor123
The website don't response and I'm getting either 503 Serivce Unavailable or 500 Internal Server Error:

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines