Author Topic: Site seems Slow to load at times  (Read 4816 times)
sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #30 on: January 23, 2021, 07:50:36 AM » Author: sox35
If i see duplicate comments that are unnoticed around the site I may remove them
Same here.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

"You may be a part of your own inspirations"

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #31 on: January 24, 2021, 12:12:18 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Within the past few minutes every time I click on something it takes at least 2 minutes to load it.

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
I’m proud to say I’ve been to the EMEC service area with ZERO LED!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #32 on: January 25, 2021, 07:42:38 PM » Author: Patrick
Due to the persistent slowness issues, I have switched off guest access to the gallery for the time being.  We would like to allow public access to all photos members would like visible to the world, but we need the site to be usable for members first.  Note if you wish to link to or embed an image you've uploaded here, you may still do so by direct URL to the image file, rather than the gallery image page.

For example, instead of linking to https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-191911, I would link to https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10246/circline-sw.jpg.  You can typically determine the image file URL by right-clicking on the image itself and choosing to copy the image address.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #33 on: January 25, 2021, 07:45:20 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Due to the persistent slowness issues, I have switched off guest access to the gallery for the time being.  We would like to allow public access to all photos members would like visible to the world, but we need the site to be usable for members first.  Note if you wish to link to or embed an image you've uploaded here, you may still do so by direct URL to the image file, rather than the gallery image page.

For example, instead of linking to https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-191911, I would link to https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10246/circline-sw.jpg.  You can typically determine the image file URL by right-clicking on the image itself and choosing to copy the image address.

Thank you! :D Glad this came about, see some of the bots dropping like flies! ;D Hopefully this can help the preformance issues going on, i had it take a good 3 minutes to load the home page as of late. :P

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #34 on: January 25, 2021, 10:17:17 PM » Author: joseph_125
Thank you! :D Glad this came about, see some of the bots dropping like flies! ;D Hopefully this can help the preformance issues going on, i had it take a good 3 minutes to load the home page as of late. :P

Agreed, during the past week or so the site would pretty much grind to a halt at around 9PM EST or so. Thanks for the temporary fix for now.
Bottled lightning

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #35 on: January 25, 2021, 11:25:30 PM » Author: Bottled lightning
Won't that eventually make it impossible to search the gallery using google?

The built in search functions on forums never seam to work very well.
sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #36 on: January 26, 2021, 08:52:44 AM » Author: sox35
Not sure, I rarely if ever use Google, it tracks too much for my liking. But hopefully this will only be a temporary measure.

It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #37 on: January 26, 2021, 04:23:19 PM » Author: Danny
It does seem to be running absolutely amazing today
sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #38 on: January 26, 2021, 04:24:43 PM » Author: sox35
Amazingly slow or amazingly fast..?  :lol:

Sorry....   :mrg:

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #39 on: January 26, 2021, 04:25:34 PM » Author: Danny
Amazingly fast LOL :D
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #40 on: January 26, 2021, 04:26:36 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Amazingly slow or amazingly fast..?  :lol:

Sorry....   :mrg:

Here is your standard issue lg slap! :slap: :mrg:

It has run better today, i have had a couple hiccups trying to post a comment or forum post today.  :wndr:

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #41 on: January 26, 2021, 04:27:39 PM » Author: sox35
Here is your standard issue lg slap! :slap: :mrg:
Hey, I'm the slapper around here  :lol:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #42 on: January 26, 2021, 04:29:38 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Hey, I'm the slapper around here  :lol:

Well you said something slap worthy so i thought i would issue one back for making sure that your not above the law! :lol: :police:

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #43 on: January 26, 2021, 04:32:06 PM » Author: sox35
Well you said something slap worthy so i thought i would issue one back for making sure that your not above the law! :lol: :police:
Hmmmm... You can't go around slapping Rommie, you know, she fights back :P  :mrg:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #44 on: January 26, 2021, 04:42:29 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I think the pick up in speed is due to Patrick limiting the gallery to logged in members only.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines