Author Topic: Site seems Slow to load at times  (Read 4898 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #45 on: January 26, 2021, 05:38:07 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I think the pick up in speed is due to Patrick limiting the gallery to logged in members only.  :wndr:

I would assume so, its cutting down some of the bots, and we should start to get the word for human guest to join the sight and collaborate, which we have seen in small scales over the past couple days. :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #46 on: January 27, 2021, 08:55:44 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I used to look at the site on occasion at work..guess I won't be able to do that anymore .LOL.

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #47 on: January 27, 2021, 10:40:02 PM » Author: joseph_125
I agree the logging in is a pain sometimes when you just want to quickly check the site but it's a better tradeoff imo compared to the site basically slowing down to a crawl every day at 9PM EST.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #48 on: January 27, 2021, 10:54:34 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I agree the logging in is a pain sometimes when you just want to quickly check the site but it's a better tradeoff imo compared to the site basically slowing down to a crawl every day at 9PM EST.

I always set myself to stay logged in, this might work for you. 8)

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #49 on: January 27, 2021, 10:57:02 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@joseph_125:
I won't login at work..but really no big deal there.

And yeah there were times I've tried getting on the site in the evening at home, and it is a bit slow...or just spits out an error.
If this change fixes that, its worth it :)

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

musictomyeyes

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #50 on: January 30, 2021, 12:02:26 AM » Author: musictomyeyes
Patrick (or administrators), what is wrong?  Is it server/machine failure?  Is it an infrastructure/utility challenge for hosting/service provider to take care of?  Is it a monetary/budget problem?

I'm giving away a set of three RL-2SP20 ballasts.  Somebody claim them, please.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

"You may be a part of your own inspirations"

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #51 on: January 30, 2021, 08:16:26 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Last night I couldn't log on at all, it would instantly bring me to this.

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
I’m proud to say I’ve been to the EMEC service area with ZERO LED!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #52 on: January 30, 2021, 09:03:36 AM » Author: sox35
The site apparently went offline last night, it was after I went to bed anyway. Not sure why as yet.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

"You may be a part of your own inspirations"

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #53 on: January 30, 2021, 06:28:19 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
The site apparently went offline last night, it was after I went to bed anyway. Not sure why as yet.
Maybe Patrick knows about it. Did anyone else experience this issue?

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
I’m proud to say I’ve been to the EMEC service area with ZERO LED!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #54 on: January 30, 2021, 06:40:38 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Maybe Patrick knows about it. Did anyone else experience this issue?

I was affected, informed one of the currently active mods and informed them that something went down, they told me that there was an issue and Patrick was notified. 8)

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #55 on: January 30, 2021, 06:43:38 PM » Author: sox35
I think one of the main config files got corrupted, but not sure  :wndr:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #56 on: January 31, 2021, 04:50:57 AM » Author: dor123
I remember at Saturday morning, that the site was down for long time.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #57 on: January 31, 2021, 04:39:59 PM » Author: Patrick
There was a problem with the settings file that was presumably unrelated to past speed issues.  I have re-opened guest access with new restrictions to assist with performance issues going forward.  If the site becomes sluggish once again, please let us know.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #58 on: May 02, 2021, 05:09:24 AM » Author: dor123
The website is very slow and I have one time that it didn't responded at all, and led to 500 Internal Server Error:

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines