Author Topic: Site seems Slow to load at times  (Read 5504 times)
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Site seems Slow to load at times « on: November 20, 2020, 02:18:08 PM » Author: Danny
Hello has anyone else noticed the site seems slow to load at times? I click on a Thumbnail in last uploads or last comments and it just takes forever to bring the file up. Same when i get an email notification and go to the site from that, it can sometimes take a couple of minutes to load the file up, most of the time the site is lightening fast but just seems to be the odd time.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 02:25:16 PM » Author: Binarix128
It also happens to me, the connection sometimes times out even if my internet connection is ok and other pages loads in seconds.

LED will never beat other lamps. :inc: :hps: :mv:
Creator of CaptureCommons

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 02:44:29 PM » Author: sox35
I get it sometimes, it's just server load. Remember the server isn't just hosting LG, there are lots of other sites on there as well, and if traffic is heavy it slows everything down. It's probably worse for me on the other side of the water than for those closer, but it's just one of those things. The only thing that might help a little is a dedicated server with no other users, which would cost serious money and for a site like this which doesn't generate income, not cost effective. It also wouldn't improve congestion on the trunk routes between the server and wherever you might happen to be.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 02:58:30 PM » Author: Binarix128
On my nearly 2 years here the site performed pretty fast and good, but since the mid October of this year the site is going extremely slow.

I think that analytic bots like Google or Alexa.com are severely overloading the site for mine data, and the saddest thing is that they are slowing down the site for then make money of the mined data with site resources, if you search this site on Alexa.com they will offer you a premium plan for see all the data collected.  :curse: >:( :curse: >:(

I would suggest to block any IP address coming from analytic sites like Alexa, that might improve the performance without the need of upgrading the host plan.

Maybe they recently discovered the site due of the traffic of Ebay from here, probably...

Also they are mining data of the James's site lamptech.  :'(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 03:11:40 PM by Binarix128 » Logged

LED will never beat other lamps. :inc: :hps: :mv:
Creator of CaptureCommons

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

"You may be a part of your own inspirations"

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 07:59:46 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Hello has anyone else noticed the site seems slow to load at times? I click on a Thumbnail in last uploads or last comments and it just takes forever to bring the file up. Same when i get an email notification and go to the site from that, it can sometimes take a couple of minutes to load the file up, most of the time the site is lightening fast but just seems to be the odd time.
I've run into a few of these instances.

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
I’m proud to say I’ve been to the EMEC service area with ZERO LED!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 10:51:49 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Let's keep in mind that the sites server provider hosts many other sites and due to the pandemic, there is an unusually high number of people active online on these sites including this one. It's going to bottle neck at times. Most of our users are North of the equator so winter in some shape or form is setting in, especially in the northmost places like Canada and northern USA. People are going to cosy up and serf the web.

Administrator #5

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 03:41:35 AM » Author: dor123
The site now stopped to load and display me the past 500 Internal Server Error:

Before returning to work, it displayed several other error messages.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 08:49:48 AM » Author: Danny
Sites an absolute nightmare today. Just taken me forever and a day to upload 6 pictures and even longer to navigate the site as it keeps dropping out every few seconds. I have more to upload, but i really cannot be arsed to wait whilst the site is slow as a snails pace and keeps dropping out every few seconds. I do love this site and always have as it was the first site i ever found but if its going to be like this every time i use it like it has lately i will not he bothering with it until its fixed

Ive had the Server not responding more times than ever today
sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 08:53:13 AM » Author: sox35
It happens, unfortunately. Short of shelling out for a dedicated server not shared with anyone else, I don't think there's a lot that can be done. Patrick does all that anyway, so not sure. It might be a case of moving web host, but again that's outside my area of expertise.

And with most people at home all day due to lockdown, there's always going to be more activity than there has been in the past.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 09:15:00 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Also what you have to consider is that if there's any maintenance to be done on the servers they will choose to do it when there's the least amount of traffic.  :wndr:
That will be in the middle of the night at wherever the server is located, which presumably is somewhere in the States, so sometime in the morning for us.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

"You may be a part of your own inspirations"

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 09:32:51 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Also what you have to consider is that if there's any maintenance to be done on the servers they will choose to do it when there's the least amount of traffic.  :wndr:
That will be in the middle of the night at wherever the server is located, which presumably is somewhere in the States, so sometime in the morning for us.
Site is based in Mountain Time since I believe it was made in Birmingham AL.

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
I’m proud to say I’ve been to the EMEC service area with ZERO LED!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 09:35:10 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Site is based in Mountain Time since I believe it was made in Birmingham AL.
Well, as I think that's six hours behind us, then working on the server at 3am, would be 9am here.

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 09:40:14 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Well, as I think that's six hours behind us, then working on the server at 3am, would be 9am here.

Im in central which is utc-6, mountan time is utc-7, you guys are at dead zero, but why is the time based on moutain time if in alabama they use utc-5  ??? ??? ???

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 09:42:13 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well, whether its 5, 6, or 7 hours it's still the morning here.! :D

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Site seems Slow to load at times « Reply #14 on: January 20, 2021, 01:31:32 PM » Author: dor123
The website is very slow to me as well. I had times I received 500 Internal Server Error.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines