Author Topic: Canadian Leotek Facilities  (Read 2989 times)
The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Canadian Leotek Facilities « on: November 20, 2020, 09:19:04 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
Due to the massive amount of Leotek streetlights (predominantly GCLs) in Ottawa and different Leotek lights in other Canadian towns, I think it is obvious that Leotek has a at least 7 facilities in Canada.

Common HPS fixture in many cities. slowly being phased out.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 09:25:05 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I dunno, they're pretty common in Massachusetts too.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 09:26:52 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
Leotek may have at least 430 Facilities around the Americas (possibly around the world).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 09:39:58 PM by The Cooper OVX » Logged

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 07:12:37 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Leotek may have at least 430 Facilities around the Americas (possibly around the world).
:poof: :poof: :poof:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 08:35:30 AM » Author: dor123
Leotek have only factories inside North America. They are unknown in Europe.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 09:30:09 AM » Author: The Cooper OVX
I think it's obvious they have some facilities in Canada, United States, maybe Mexico and according to some PLA maybe Taiwan, possibly even the Philippines because I've seen some video of a Leotek light in the Phillipines but maybe it's imported.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 10:55:01 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Only the Leotek manufacturing facility in San Jose, California. 

https://leotek.com/about-leotek/

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 12:13:26 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
I think there are more that are unlisted.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 12:21:17 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I think it's obvious they have some facilities in Canada, United States, maybe Mexico and according to some PLA maybe Taiwan, possibly even the Philippines because I've seen some video of a Leotek light in the Phillipines but maybe it's imported.
Leotek is owned by LITEON, its probably those locations that you are seeing.

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 01:11:25 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
IMO, there are probably some unlisted factories for Leotek in Canada, Mexico, Australia and possibly Taiwan.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 01:13:51 PM by The Cooper OVX » Logged

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 01:19:11 PM » Author: HPS_250
According to their website, at least most of the LED fixtures are manufactured in San Jose. Other than that, there are probably many other factories but I am not sure where they are.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #11 on: November 21, 2020, 09:31:41 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
I probably think that there is a facility in Montreal and Quebec City and a few in Ontario and one in British Colombia

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 03:23:36 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
It is not cost effective to have multiple factories now a days.  Most companies consolidate down to just 1 or 2 and save a lot of money that way.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 03:24:18 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Remember that Osram (Sylvania) GE, and Philips closed a ton of factories and consolidated down to just a few. 

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Canadian Leotek Facilities « Reply #14 on: November 23, 2020, 02:13:09 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
That may be true but I think that due to the large amount of GCLs and other Leotek lights in Ottawa, I think that there is obviously more than one facility and because of that I think there is one in Monteral because the US/Canada border is still closed and new GCLs are still being installed in Ottawa. There could be at most 3 unlisted facilities of Leotek.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 02:55:05 PM by The Cooper OVX » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies