Author Topic: Do you have any (lamp related) favourite shops or stores?  (Read 419 times)
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Do you have any (lamp related) favourite shops or stores? « on: October 06, 2023, 04:47:13 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I know a small shop nearby where I used to get leds from. One day I asked the manager if they had fluoros and they said they only have 2 cfls and 2 tubes (which I bought). After visiting the store many times, many rare lamps appear each visit. They still have 2 blue F40T12s and a couple blue pl-s 9w lamps (which I will be getting soon).
If I knew that shop about 5 years earlier, I would have got a goldmine of rare lamps for cheap!(lowered price since nobody buys them) Unfortunately, since nobody was buying, they threw them all out (red F40T12s green F40T12s, a couple coloured F20T12s, some old incandacents, etc).

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Do you have any (lamp related) favourite shops or stores? « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 08:54:05 PM » Author: Cole D.
Not in particular, but I have gotten some nice vintage MV bulbs at my local Habitat Restore.

At another thrift stores I’ve gotten some cool lamps.

And sometimes I’ve gotten some nice HPS and MV bulbs when Lowes and Home Depot put them on clearance to switch brands.

Oh and I got some mogul 3 way incandescent bulbs at Do It Best hardware for $1, they were on clearance.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies