Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91398 times)
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #105 on: December 01, 2012, 12:29:46 AM » Author: mrboojay
I had weird one last night, I fell a sleep for maybe a split second before my dream woke me up.  We were at a gas station and they had what I think were MV lights under the canopy, I was telling my Dad to do a diagnostic on them.  He turned a key in his truck to do the diagnostic and two of them went out and one had a loud POP (the kind a breaking incandescent makes) and glass fell from it and you could see a shock wave fly out from the fixture! :o  I felt my whole boddy shake and everything in the dream shook and it woke me up!  It was scary.

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #106 on: December 10, 2012, 08:51:38 PM » Author: ace100w120v
LOL I've also said WEIRD stuff in lighting=related dreams.
Last night, I had a dream I was at a cannery I used to know (haven't been back there since 2006 and I believe it's no longer functioning/closed down).  Anyway part of the building facing the small parking lot was abandoned/boarded up. Part of the pier going out to the main part of the building was sagging slightly at that time.  Anyway, in the dream the whole pier/walkway/dock/whatever you would call it had collapsed and fallen into the water.  Now that place had some (I think 400w or 1000W MV or MH) floods in the main loading area and the previously mentioned walkway was lit with HPS wallpacks (NOT tallpacks but that other style). but in the dream was lit with what appeared to be 400w MV florrds wth /DX lamps.
LegacyLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Blake

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #107 on: December 17, 2012, 07:25:07 AM » Author: LegacyLighting
Years ago, I visited a church with very high ceilings lit with about ten fluorescent 'chandelier' fittings on long drop rods. Each 'chandelier' has (and probably still has) at least eight T12/20 tubes in it. Not long afterwards I had a dream (well nightmare actually) that the whole church was filling with flood water, and that I was swimming in there.
I was trying to stay away from the lights for fear of electrocution, and watched as the lights became submerged in water whilst still working!
The dream ended when I waded close to one of the lights and peered down into the water to see the 'chandelier' still operating a couple of meters below me in the merky water.

Really distressing dream that I don't particularly want to have again. :a_fluor:
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #108 on: December 17, 2012, 05:39:21 PM » Author: Ash
Had 2 successive ones

First is with a few shoplights i have. In reality i have a 2x40w Perfect Start A shoplight and a 2x40w Perfect Start B shoplight. In the dream however the A shoplight was Switch Start, and i had 2 identical B battens (ie without the winged reflector). And a CFL. The A fixture is lamped with 2 T12s and the B fixtures with 1 T8 in each

All 3 fixtures and the CFL are connectd together in a dark room. i flip the switch, and all lamps fail to start - In the Switch Start starters are flashing and it makes the sounds of starting, but the lamps only flash very dimly and dont start. The Perfect Start is preheating but can't start either. An empty socket in one of the B fxtures is arcing internally. The CFL is just dead. After a few flips of the switch 1 of the T12s instant-starts (this sometimes happens wiith 40W T12s in real world) and only it works

In another one i have an Alto incandescent (with green screw cap) in a socket in the corridor. It lights very dimly, the filament is medium brightness in the ends and gradient to not lighting at all in the center
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #109 on: December 17, 2012, 06:05:12 PM » Author: mrboojay
I like the Alto incandescent bulb, that is funny.

I had one a few nights ago where I was in a bank and there were I think 4 rows of half pipe fixtures.  I think two of the rows were 8ft slimline and the others were 4ft bipin.  I think they were T12 (I don't remember).

-mrboojay
My YouTube Channel

LegacyLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Blake

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #110 on: December 17, 2012, 08:51:09 PM » Author: LegacyLighting
Well at least the place wasn't filling with water  :D

I do have nightmares regarding fluorescent tubes, exploding or are submurged in water and switched on. I have no idea where these dreams come from. Luckily they don't happen to me much now.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #111 on: December 24, 2012, 07:47:53 PM » Author: ace100w120v
A few nights ago I dreamt I found 3 GTE Sylvania 175w coated mercs, don't remember the phosphor coating or if they were all coated, clearband, or clearend/cleartop....
In the same dream/place I found a couple Duro-Test incandescent bulbs, one was soda-bottle-ginger-ale-canada-dry green in color too!
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #112 on: December 25, 2012, 11:17:26 AM » Author: Ash
Re soda bottle, i remember a dream from far ago with an incandescent with envelope made of very thick glass and shaped like perfume bottle (with the ribs like glass bottles have along the edge with which it stands and everything), that was original OEM lamp to some vintage chandelier and i had to find a replacement as it was EOL

Few years later when i came to here and explored the gallery, i somehow rememberred that dream and thought that the lamp would probably be made by Duro Test (maybe after seeing their AT shaped lamps). I never even knew about Duro Test before visiting here
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #113 on: December 27, 2012, 09:13:18 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Had another WEIRD one last night...
I dreamt my Sears shoplight somehow turned from F40T12 to F20T12 and had GE Chroma 50 (EcoLux?) lamps. Now, somehow I thought even though it was a 2 footer it still had the F40T12 ballast and was overdriving the lamps.  Then one lamp wasn't lit and I was thinking, how can that be? It's series rapid start! Then one lamp broke and gave off this weird, pleasant smell, as did a F40T12 C50. 
Then I was looking for another lamp, found a stash of F20T12s, but they all appeared EOL with blackened ends and through the window I saw my neighbor's house being demolished...weird...
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #114 on: December 28, 2012, 06:49:26 AM » Author: Ash
Weird dream for sure, its amazing that in dreams its like "tjhe fixture turned from F40 to F20 on its own" and its fine and nothing unnatural

Weird pleasant smell - sounds like they contain soe curious stuff in the phosphor
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #115 on: December 28, 2012, 03:09:53 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I was thinking that in the dream...the fixture was also in a different location...
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #116 on: December 30, 2012, 05:29:41 PM » Author: mrboojay
The weirdest pert of dreams is when you look at something and then look away and look back and it has changed, I am like, "huh," and move on.  A bit weird I must say.

I had one last night where I was on a rooftop and looked at a post-top lantern that was really dim (while trying not to fall off) and thought it was either a really dim MH or LED.  Then there was a really green MV down light (the kind an incandescent would be in) in a canopy under the roof.  There were also more MV down lighters there.

-mrboojay
My YouTube Channel

lantern_vision

View Posts
View Gallery

|><| Be RATIONAL |><|

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #117 on: December 30, 2012, 07:55:43 PM » Author: lantern_vision
My dream is to reach every lantern I like and remove it for my collection without asking anyone's permission  ;D

><@hm><

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #118 on: January 11, 2013, 11:07:33 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Had a couple interesting ones recently...
Two nights ago I dreamt Mike (streetlight98) and I met in person, and he had acquired this vintage art-deco florescent chandelier or something? Whatever it was, it had vertical F20T12s and the lamps look like Grow-Lux (they were lit in the dream)
Another one from last night- I dreamt the cafeteria at my school was pretty dimly lit from so many nonworking lights and I fixed all of them...
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #119 on: January 30, 2013, 05:56:27 PM » Author: mrboojay
I can't remember too much about my dream last night but I remember looking down a street lit with these. :-X

-mrboojay
My YouTube Channel

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies