Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 93326 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #120 on: February 17, 2013, 09:45:21 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I had one a few nights ago in which I was in a hardware store's florescent section with two very close friends of mine.  But it was also like a thrift store since it also had used items (maybe it was a ReStore or something? I need to go to a ReStore sometime). Anyway I found this 2' 2XF20T12 shoplight (a 2-foot version of the typical residential-grade F40T12 shoplight does exist in real life but I've only seen 4 footers in person.  Anyway it had only one lamp, which was a Norelco /BLB.  I plug it in, thinking it's LPF ballast might run the tubes in parallell, and it lights up! But then somehow it's a 4 footer and the other lamp is a blacklight blue GE 34w Watt-Miser and it striates like any other 34w lamp when first turned on in the cold, but it's blacklight blue! (I'm sure that dream evolved in my mind from my post about how cool/odd it would be if specialty F40T12s like BLB, Grow-Lux, and colored lamps were also available in 34w versions).  Then I saw some Grow-Lux F32T8s (does such a thing exist in real life?) and (I THINK) some F32T8 or F40T10 (they certainly weren't T12) blacklight blue tubes.  Then somehow there was a three-bowl kitchen sink in the middle of the aisle/shelf/display and I vomited into it.  How weird...d
eclipsislamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #121 on: February 20, 2013, 05:34:35 PM » Author: eclipsislamps
I remember having a dream about being in a large hall which had 8 of what looked like 100w t12s fittings. All the lamps were new and then they were turned on. They ran their entire life in about a minute. Banding, then blackening, then swirling yellow at the ends and then flickering and finally constantly end glowing then dead. Looked away for a sec and then they were new again, doing this same cycle again! All slightly out of phase with the cycles!

Keeping electrodes hot and gases ionzied.

imj
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #122 on: February 26, 2013, 07:36:41 AM » Author: imj
Any Lucid Dreamers here?
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #123 on: February 26, 2013, 10:48:34 AM » Author: Ash
Me sometimes, but it was not yet in a lighting related dream
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #124 on: February 27, 2013, 09:28:28 AM » Author: mrboojay
I had one a couple nights ago where my Mom hung these 2 lamp kind of round glass fixtures and he put a CFL in one next to a wall and it kelt flashing a pinkish red, so it looked like a mercury starved preheat CFL.  This fixture had frosted glass so I could not see the lamp, it than struck blue, so it looked like it had a blue buffer gas, I opened it up and I found my Black Light Blue CFL hanging in the fixture!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:39:42 AM by mrboojay » Logged

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

socketgeek63

View Posts
View Gallery

TheDennisManNetwork photoelectric4863
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #125 on: February 28, 2013, 03:57:10 AM » Author: socketgeek63
When I was younger back in the 70's, lived in a small Iowa town and had old elm trees in the backyard, I had one dream that one of the tall elm trees had strings of medium base sockets and 25 watt ceramic coated bulbs and everyone of them were all red (not turned on though)just hanging in the tree on a gray, gloomy day. Thought I had a good score of red bulbs until I woke up that morning.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:03:55 AM by socketgeek63 » Logged

Long live the great old 20th century quality in electrical & lighting products!

MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #126 on: February 28, 2013, 04:28:40 AM » Author: MikeT1982
Hey guys, I just had a very interesting dream lastnite!  And I haven't had one for quite a while!  The dream started with me being back at the home and property I grew up at, kind of out in the farm area, very rural, no street lights, something I always wished I lived closer too.  Well on one part of the the property where there was a telephone pole with a pole pig atop and a support cable that ran to a stake in the ground, that  a friend and I would play on when children, there now was a fluorescent street lamp fixture!  It was drooping low and dripping with water as it was rainy and foggy out (always commonplace in my dreams probably because i like that weather) The bulbs looked to be 48" T12's but they were glowing dim red/orange and the fixture humming, blinking as if a preheat having issues!  Back by the house there were multiple cobra head style fixtures in the turn around section of our driveway, all drooping and having problems starting.  Some guy came per in a utility truck and got out and said somehing of the sort thay he had to repair the ballast gear and pointed to dark green metal box off in the grass. Oh yes! One of the fixtures was definitely low pressure sodium and the others clear mercury I believe.  What a wonderful dream!!
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #127 on: February 28, 2013, 11:09:34 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Last night I dreamt I saw GE "Plant/Aquarium" F40T12s that instead gave out a warm white color! Even in the dream I figured it was a misprint on the etch or they forgot to add a certain phosphor to the mix or something.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #128 on: February 28, 2013, 12:58:33 PM » Author: Ash
Lastnit i dreamt about being in another city, but inside the dream it was a city that i often visit (not a real world city but one familiar to me inside the dream)

This time i was in a shopping center-like place. Most of the city as well as this center are built with 70s "big brutal" buildings and surounding area. It was quite late and everything was closed and switched off except the supermarket, tat was heading towards closing for the night - Outside with very hihg poles with mercury "cubes" (switched off), underpasses with F40T12s (most of them switched off), the only light there being from the moon, from the supermarket's windows and from the street nearby

The supermrket was the only shop still open and it was lit with color 840 T5s, but as shops were closing the T5's lighting them disappeared (instead of just switching off) and instead of the off T5s there were off F40T12s

Then i came around to the entrance of the supermarket and went in, looked at the hardware section - There were a variety of mailboxes, "Wellcome" mats, CFLs, PL-L lamps, and big blister packs with mixed color 5mm LEDs (thats right, not a LED lamp but LEDs with leads ready for soldering), i got one of them at discount price and was among the last customers for the day - While i was in there they were allready switching off the lihgts in the farthest sections from the entrance and the T5s were becoming T12s (i look away then look back and its changed) before switching off

Then i went to the street. The stret was lit with AEG Koffers with small mercury lamps and far between each other, that gave very dim lighting (the full moon was brighter) but very good visibility, i walked abit down the street then woke up
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #129 on: March 08, 2013, 10:27:37 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I had one a few nights ago in which I found a bunch of interesting florescent lamps in F15T8, F40T12, and FC8T9 circline sizes. And there were tons of them! The circlines even had their corresponding 22w preheat adapters (likely inspired from having found two 22w preheat circline adapters recently). Anyway, there was a pile of the circline adpaters, and several taped-together bundles of F15T8s and also some vintage/odd F40T12s. I remember seeing a Sylvania circline with a black "cap" and the "Lifeline" style cross-hatch etch, a Sylvania WWX F15T8, and a Norelco F40WW (does such a lamp exist?) and I think even a couple 34w Westy blackender "Econ-O-Watt" tubes.  As in many of my lighting dreams where I find cool/rare stuff, I was picking them up but couldn't get them all at once, so then I could only grab so much at once (I grabbed some F15T8s) and then I woke up...
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #130 on: March 26, 2013, 04:09:06 AM » Author: MikeT1982
Well I had another dream about those drooping cobra heads lastnight again!! It was once again on the old property where I grew up and in reality no streetlamps even existed there as it was very rural.  I had always wished as a child that I was in town so I had streetlamps nearby!  Anyways someone had bought the house and were about to tear down the lamps when my dad asked the people if I could have them for me and they obliged. This HAD to be driven by the post I read and replied to an evening or two before about the salvaged fluorescent flood on the drooping pole!! I felt hurried to choose what ones I wanted, the one on the pole that had the guide wire that I would play on as a kid (in reality never had a fixture just a pole pig) had a HPS Cobrahead, I got underneath and looked up and the Cobrahead had grown, the bulb in it was the size of a 1,000 watt metal halide blown tubular, and the entire cobrahead was the size of a canoe and stretched out LoL!!! I told dad I didn't think I'd have room for it and choose the other one, a regular sized cobrahead with a dim glowing mercury vapor mounted directly to an oak tree.  Then I suddenly was near the stone driveway and it had a row of small cobraheads on poles with a pair of cobraheads, directly opposed, per pole.  Probably 10 lamps in a random 20 ft section of the driveway and an antique clock on one of the poles which I remember clearly taking notice that it was no longer functioning.  I looked down and there was a stack of fluorescent magnetic ballasts, probably a dozen or so at least and covered in mud, to the right of which there was a fuse box with a pull lever just like the one in my garage...right on the ground but strangely wired up to conduit tubes coming up.  I was thinking to clean them off and try flipping the switch but then I awoke!  This definitely was an odd dream with very specific odd details lol.  Somehow the magnetic fluorescent ballasts were for the cobraheads...weird lol.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:14:57 AM by MikeT1982 » Logged
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #131 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:44 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Well, I guess in real life they could have been F-can HID ballasts; they do kinda look like a florescent ballast.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #132 on: April 15, 2013, 09:41:04 AM » Author: Ash
Had a bit "fast forward" dream, that started in a day with sudden freezing fast winds of -30C, despite evrything being in summer-looking sunlight. Flying through main roads on a skateboard (in a t-shirt, feeling the very cold air but not feeling cold), and some much more.... But there came the lighting part

First in the main roads themseles, they are lit with something that looked like the Revo Silverblue but longer, about the size of AEG Koffer 250, but the gear is in the head, visible dark volume above the reflector (dark blocks for ballasts). They were all converted from a long 400w MA lamps to 2x150w SON-T facing each other (like lamps in a Koffer 250), and were all dayburning due to the contactor powering the row being frozen solid somwhere, and not being able to release despite there is no signal from the photocell. The SON lamps were all partially through warm up, apparently too cold to fuly warm up

Then i went in a tunel. The 1st section of hte tunnel was lit with long tandem row of big 2x40w battens, most with F36T8s and some with F40T12s. Many lamps were blackened in the ends but still going strong. Deeper into the tunnel (after most of the trafic split of into sub-tunnels) there were isolated groups of few fixtures in tandem in a row, then i slowed down and continued straight to a non-road section of the tunnel. that is not really in use, and stopped. Originally the place was lit with 3-lamp 8ft shoplights with 3 T12tubes

I stood under one of them, it was with 3 T12 lamps and not working

Looked away and looked at it again, it was 16ft not 8ft, and one of the lamps was a T8 and bending down under its weight. Near it was a 2x54w T5 fixture without lamps

Looked away and looked at it again. The 16ft shoplight and its 3 lamps were not instaalled right in the shopolight, instead, in one end of the sholight the 3 lamps were plugged into the 3 sockets, but the other side of the lamps was.... The T5 fixture was missing its cover. It had a HF ballast in it, and the wires from the HF ballast (being under HF voltage), were not going to the T5 sockets, but were hanging in air from the ballast. To them were loosely tied the 3 16ft lamps from the other fixture, so one end of the lamp is in the 16ft fixture socket, and a spot near the other end is hanging on wires coming from the T5 fixture. The 16ft lamps lighted up mid-brightnes in the area near the HF wires and lit this part of the tunnel. I looked at this and walked around it to look/dont look at it (i was not aware that its a dream, but i did get the trick to look aside and look back at it to see it change), but it was working stable

I looked farther into the tunnel, and the road was ended there. no more to go (a hole in the road, then a wall in front) I went on up to the hole and looked down. I seen from above another section of the tunnel. where the normal road continues (like a window in the ceiling of that road). So i went to that road and was again riding, untill the dream ended

With the -30C weather, the complex tunnels, silverblues and 16ft fixture, i think i probably been in another country in that dream
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #133 on: May 05, 2013, 12:14:36 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I dreamt last night that I was watching a very unique vintage fluorescent desk lamp on eBay; a manual preheat one that took a single F6T5 lamp. It had received no bids, nor even any views on the page besides my own. I had the highest (and only) bid on it of the starting price of $6, and as the listing neared the end I felt pretty confident I was going to get it. However, just minutes before the listing was to end, it all of a sudden started receiving tons of bids, and it ended at just over $599! And that was pretty much it lol.

Now here's the awesome part of this whole thing. The lamp in this dream exists in real life, and I've been watching it on eBay. I bid on it last night, and won it at the starting price (which was $8, not $6 as in the dream) this morning!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:17:41 PM by TheMaritimeMan » Logged

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #134 on: May 12, 2013, 07:18:14 PM » Author: MikeT1982
Both interesting dreams guys! :-)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies