Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91407 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #240 on: August 29, 2019, 09:08:09 PM » Author: CEB1993
Last night, I dreamed that I was trying to put clear 25 watt GE's (please see the link below) in my ceiling fan lights.  It was one of those extremely vivid dreams where I was aware of my thoughts within the dream.  I was thinking about how these flimsy filaments might not do well in the vibrating ceiling fan.  I switched on the light, and one of the bulbs didn't light even though the filament was not broken.  I unscrewed it and threw it away.  I then put three 100 watt soft white GE's in the fan even though the sockets are 60 watts maximum.  In real life, I would not want such bright light in my bedroom  8)

I also noticed that one of the fan blades was bent, and I tried to no avail to bend it back into shape.  Many of my dreams involve me unsuccessfully trying to fix things.

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=5&pid=163760

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #241 on: August 29, 2019, 10:11:12 PM » Author: xelareverse
So I was a at a thrift store of sorts with some lighting collectors. And we found these BT-28 lamps, they were clear. They looked like hps and the older cylinder arc tube CMH lamps, and they even had those black things that corrode when oxygen hits them, but they had LEDs hidden in the arc tubes
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #242 on: January 15, 2020, 12:01:39 PM » Author: rjluna2
Last night, I dreamt that I was walking under series of high power of these high tension wires.  Some of these wires are really low and thick cable.  As I walked under one of the high power tension, one of the heavy cable laid on my back trapped with the weight of the cable.  I could feel the pulsating hum of the live cable.  I tried to call out for help and I see few people looking at me reluctant to approach to live cable lying on me.

I woke up finding myself in a same position that I was lying down in my dream :o

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Pippi

View Posts
View Gallery

Pippi Longstocking - The world`s strongest girl

GoL UCpsE6sKyPz8uzLGMaVM92RA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #243 on: April 04, 2020, 05:20:46 PM » Author: Pippi
I had a dream where i were in a big room with high ceilings with fluorescent lights and there was some disco lights on a truss on stands (Like a mobile disco setup) in one corner
Then i went to a bunch of light switches on the wall and tried to turn on the lights but they didn't do what i expected.
Some switches turned on some of the disco lights (I expected the switches for the disco lights to be near the disco setup) , other switches turned on the fluorescent ceiling lights which behaved like all of them were EOL (Glowing ends with a few random flashes).

I once had a dream where i was in Justin Bieber's kitchen and it was lit by CFLs branded "Elizabeth" and LPS.
And i think that was before i got Bieber Fever...

I also have had dreams where i found cool lighting stuff in dumpsters (Really sucks when you wake up tho...)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:13:58 AM by Pippi » Logged

:bluecflhd: :yellowcflhd: :bluecflhd: :yellowcflhd:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #244 on: April 05, 2020, 02:06:27 AM » Author: dor123
I have recently lots of dreams about the Thorn Europhane Pilote T1 at my mother street, as a result of encountering several of these lanterns cycling in real time, either at my mother street or at my father street:
1. https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-172953
2. https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-173626
3. https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-173647

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #245 on: April 05, 2020, 10:44:14 AM » Author: Cole D.
I dreamed Friday night, that at my grandmother house, the lights on her side street which are HPS NEMA fixtures, were instead dim greened MV NEMA fixture. And I was asking her how she could see outside at night since it was so dim.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Attfreakk

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #246 on: April 05, 2020, 06:22:03 PM » Author: Attfreakk
I have had 4 at the top of my head.
1. I was out on my nightly walk (my neighborhood is lit with GE M250’s (thr newer ones) with 150 w hps lamps. I reached up and replaced 3 of them with 23 w cfls, and another with an induction. (My gma lives in an induction lit neighborhood.)

2. I grabbed some of the induction lights in town, while in the car, while turned on. I was able to reach them, and they were normal height off thr ground. I got in HUGE trouble with my dad lol.

3. I was at some ReStore (not in real life) and found a broken f90t17! I bought it even tho one of the ends was broken clean off! I was gonna buy it anyway, and suddenly met a lady on a cruise ship and bought tons of those ComEd bulbs and a pack of vintage GE 40 watt bulbs. One of my faves.

4. I was walking home from school in the middle of the night under HPS lamps, and walked by the football field. (In real life We have 6 poles with 7-9 1kw mh heads on them. GLAREBOMBS! They have one head on each that is smaller and has a large incandescent in it, probably for Restrike. The ones on the East work, but the ones on the west are dead.) In the dream, those had 4 white LEDS and were lighting the field when no game was going on. (In reality the school has safety lights on 24/7 for security reasons) And it looked SPOOKY with them! And I got home (I live 5 miles from school so I ride) and I see a Crouse Hinds L250 with a white sticker on it that says “1 2 5”. I read it as a 125w hps. Then right after that I took a pic of the old GE M250s vs new LED fixtures (we are replacing the M250s with warm white LEDS as the die :sick:). I was going to pm the pic to @wattMaster as he HATES LED streetlights, and was gonna ask him which is brighter. Then I teleported to the grocery store (which has LED lights) and the LEDS Looked EXACTLY like worn F40cw’s! All in one night!! (Last night)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #247 on: November 03, 2020, 02:33:18 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I recently had a dream where I found overpriced 60w SLI/H lamps and one was based in Argentina as a gear tray from a GEC Z9494 lantern designed for these linear sodium lamps.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #248 on: November 03, 2020, 04:13:50 PM » Author: Lumex120

I once had a dream where i was in Justin Bieber's kitchen and it was lit by CFLs branded "Elizabeth" and LPS.
And i think that was before i got Bieber Fever...

I also have had dreams where i found cool lighting stuff in dumpsters (Really sucks when you wake up tho...)
Reminds me of one I had where Ed Sheeran released a music video that just had tons of clear mercury lamps of various sizes and types in the background. I don't really know much about him nor am I a fan so I have no idea what that was about lol.

And yeah, finding stuff only to wake up really sucks. There was this one time I found an entire dumpster filled to the top with assorted cobraheads of all kinds in a driveway near the back alley by my house, complete with a big "FREE" sign on it. I then woke up and had to go out and check to make sure there wasn't anything there. That was one of the more disappointing ones I have had.

Unofficial LG Discord

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #249 on: November 06, 2020, 10:24:06 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Lasr night i had a dream where i found some t15 ge 30w big number lamps along with soem halloweem purple orange and green frosted c7 lights in the trash. I remeber in another one i spotted a att 19 shaped phillips /c 50w mercury lamp with the arctube mounted horosontally

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Krep

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #250 on: December 03, 2020, 03:54:42 AM » Author: Krep
About 4 months ago i had a dream about floodlights at tram bridge starts to working again. You don't believe me but after 7 hours after my dream bus caught fire under bridge and burned the half of the fixtures to ash  :curse: :curse:
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #251 on: December 03, 2020, 01:39:04 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Lasr night i had a dream where i found some t15 ge 30w big number lamps along with soem halloweem purple orange and green frosted c7 lights in the trash. I remeber in another one i spotted a att 19 shaped phillips /c 50w mercury lamp with the arctube mounted horosontally

Westinghouse did make /c, /w, /r, /n, and clear 50w mercury vapor lamps in the 1970s

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #252 on: December 03, 2020, 02:24:39 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Westinghouse did make /c, /w, /r, /n, and clear 50w mercury vapor lamps in the 1970s

Yeah but it was the durotest at-19 shape with a cleartop. :o

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #253 on: December 03, 2020, 03:09:57 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Yeah but it was the durotest at-19 shape with a cleartop. :o

Interesting weird lighting dream.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #254 on: December 03, 2020, 06:39:02 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I can remember having a dream where I went to some old sports field that had vintage 400w mercury vapor reflector fixtures and I also had a dream where I went to some racetrack that had 1000w mercury vapor sportslighter fixtures with clear mercury vapor lamps mounted on the outside edge of its high bleachers mounted a couple hundred feet up.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies