Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91399 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #285 on: June 18, 2021, 02:45:14 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Last night, I dreamt that I saw GE Evolve LED fixtures for sale at Lowe's. A few that I saw were canopy lights, linear striplights, and even yardblasters. The design of the yardblasters was like that of a shoebox fixture, except that it had a slipfitter. No, I didn't buy any!

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #286 on: June 20, 2021, 03:24:04 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
I had a dream that all the LEDs were replaced back to cobrahead fixtures, and I was gonna go on lighting gallery and say "OMG GUYS THEY BROUGHT COBRAHEADS BACK!"

But alas, I woke up.

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #287 on: December 17, 2021, 04:37:29 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Last night, I had a dream that I was in some US History class and I was taking a free response quiz and I had to define what a “halfpiper” fluorescent light fixture was as one of the questions.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #288 on: January 17, 2022, 10:43:57 PM » Author: MikeT1982
Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve visited the forum but totally random I had a vivid lighting related dream. I grew up in farm area with an old fence and trees surrounding the rectangular property. The electric fence had insulators that my dad and I would collect as a kid. This was the early 1980’s however I would date the fence to 50’s or earlier that’s what my dad thought but it coulda maybe been 1800’s for all we know. There were oak trees that I’d climb as a kid and as my interest came about with lighting I’d dreamed of putting up fixtures around the property unfortunately my parents did not support my lighting hobby. So just lastnite I came into a dream where I was sneaking down the edge of the property at night One of my parents were sleeping I was still a kid and there was a house with an old lady living facing our border (in reality there was no one for a half mile ) and on one of the oak trees there was a Mercury yard blaster. Her dog saw me and was making a bit of a commotion but she didn’t wake up. I was nervous but wanted to put a new photocell, ballast, and bulb in the fixture as it was extinguished for years. I climbed the tree replaced the photo cell and ballast by moonlight lol!!! and the dog started barking once I got the bulb out of the package and I saw her turn a light on as I rushed to screw in a clear Westinghouse Lifeguard and I woke up. My idea was to fix the light so that I can enjoy it and figured she wouldn’t even notice LoL!
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #289 on: February 24, 2022, 10:19:11 AM » Author: Burrito
I had a dream that someone took down a parking lot light and cutoff some metal, i saw a label and it was made by spaulding lighting. but that thing was half the size of one of my bedroom walls! :poof:

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #290 on: March 31, 2022, 07:47:46 AM » Author: rjluna2
Last night I dreamt that I found a string of orange coated miniature Christmas light strings.  The wire string are white.  The bulb itself is a simple tube with a similar diameter of fluorescent light starter glowbottle.  When I plug the string in, about 1/3 of the string lit up with faint orange colour.  I inspected one or more bulbs, it seems to have self ballasted discharge lamp with a similar electrical principle of screw in germicidal lamp (ballast and discharge vessel working in parallel circuit).  More and more of these bulbs strike up glowing with incandescent light glow and discharge lamp working in tandem.  That was it.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #291 on: March 31, 2022, 01:55:18 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
A few nights ago, I had a dream that a former LG member was a convicted felon... He was involved in gray market sales, murder threats, and physical abuse. :poof: He installed FCO 3,000K LED teardrops in various places and even sold T-shirts supposedly commemorating "the 100th anniversary of GE street lighting." (Not true.) He sold those at very high prices at about $50 each. Regarding the LED teardrops, he threatened anyone who touched them or the pole they were on would be killed. Someone actually did, and he went to hunt that person down. Eventually, he was arrested.

Scariest dream I've had in a very long time...

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #292 on: March 31, 2022, 07:11:25 PM » Author: joseph_125
Well that's a colourful dream to say the least. Usually when I dream about lighting, it's about finding a rare lamp/fixture.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #293 on: March 31, 2022, 07:16:15 PM » Author: Rommie
I just dream that all street lighting was SOX  :lps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #294 on: April 01, 2022, 01:51:29 AM » Author: Econolite03
…then I had a nightmare LEDs invaded.
 :redledhd:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #295 on: April 01, 2022, 06:54:49 AM » Author: Rommie
That wasn't a nightmare, though  :sadbulb: :eoled:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bean
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #296 on: April 01, 2022, 06:32:53 PM » Author: Bean
I've had two dreams involving me in old sheds with piles of vintage tubes around me... Including a Westy f4t5/g
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #297 on: April 02, 2022, 01:30:22 AM » Author: tolivac
If the light dream was bad-"Lightmare?"
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #298 on: April 03, 2022, 09:05:12 PM » Author: 108CAM
Last night I had a dream where I somehow managed to smash one of my German made Osram CFL bulbs without even touching it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 09:07:48 PM by 108CAM » Logged

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #299 on: April 08, 2022, 07:41:45 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Saw a blacklight Philips SL25 lamp in dreamland, quite a neat thing. ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies