Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 92215 times)
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Your dreams about lighting... « on: April 05, 2009, 10:58:51 AM » Author: Foxtronix
What was one of your coolect dreams about lighting? Mine was last night, I dreamt that I found a 100W LifeGuard mercury lamp, and it was an /N!

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 01:28:34 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I became a lineman and was with Steve, but the odd thing is sometimes dreams aren't realistic....sometimes I would see light change during the dream from one light to a different kind....

During that same dream I was at somewhere in a downtown and saw 2 GE fixtures with sag lens on 4 foot upsweeps and they had dimmed out clearbanders in em......I wanted it to be the first streetlight to service....but instead I worked on a HPS shoebox in front of Steve and my dad and a bunch of gangsters and people.......

HOW ODD!

Now a different dream when I was a lot younger (perhaps when I was 10 to 12 years old)

I've always had streetlights totally included in my dreams....long ago when I saw difference of PEPCO and BGE streetlighting (before I even knew they were owned by different electric companies) I dreamed that there was such a thing as seeing a single guy arm next to a truss arm on wooden poles.....well it came true......in a better way actually....see the album right here, showing the shot of 2 or more streetlights powered by 2 different electric companies) only I had dreamt one before I ACTUALLY saw an ACTUAL setup like this....I just never found a setup like this until later in life!

Please do comment the pics in the album I showed!!! That particualer dream I saw 2 single guys and one 15 foot truss arm.....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 09:20:20 PM » Author: lightman64
Um, thats kinda weird guys, i don't dream about streetlights or anything.......

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 10:09:31 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Um, thats kinda weird guys, i don't dream about streetlights or anything.......

I didn't say I dreamt only about lights...but for example, if I was driving or walking outside or whatever, I always see them....so far I've seen BGE ones often, the PEPCO ones, NYC ones, Long Island Power Athourity, New Jersey ones, in fact I once dreamt of being in the past seeing older ones.....

I don't dream of anything odd like getting married with a light or kissing one LOL

Also what's so weird about dreaming of getting a job as a lineman?

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 10:33:10 AM » Author: Mercury Man
I dreamt once that the preheaters on my bedroom ceiling came crashing down and when they hit the floor they caught fire, and when I was running down to the basement to shut the power off the room that the breaker box was in was locked...and when I looked for a fire extinguisher I couldn't find one, so the house just started to burn.  I guess subconsciously I don't trust my own wiring jobs!  :P
bluelights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 11:09:06 AM » Author: bluelights
When I was younger I used to have those "classic" dreams where I try to turn the lights in out house on, but instead they just stay extremely dim with reddish glow and everything becomes kinda creepy...

"The orange cloud looks like floating nuclear waste."
Save the mercury lamp

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 07:52:39 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Kissing a light LOL good one.  ;D

Many of my dreams were about my experiments that was going bad (fortunately, I never burnt my house down). Or once I dreamt that I broke one of my old GE fluorescent from '45!  :o

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 10:55:20 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I remember in a dream I was trying to turn on the fan in my room and some lightning or sparks flashed coming out of the fan flashing a few times and the lava lamp on my nighttable did the same thing same time as the fan...man I got so scared...then I woke up....

yep I have dreamt about failure of electrical stuff in the past...

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 11:54:53 AM » Author: Foxtronix
We already had a ceiling fan that failed with sparks and smoke, how ironic! Now in my dreams I find neat stuff, no failing electric stuff anymore.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 10:32:25 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I had a ceiling fan that I kinda played with....and ended up in sparks! Had to buy a new one....

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 12:09:38 PM » Author: lightman64
When I was younger I used to have those "classic" dreams where I try to turn the lights in out house on, but instead they just stay extremely dim with reddish glow and everything becomes kinda creepy...

I have dreams kinda like that too. They are scary!

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 01:54:14 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I have dreams kinda like that too. They are scary!

Same thing for me. When I was young, I also dreamt that all the lights were flashing like crazy.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 03:10:33 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I remember this one dream when i was really young (I think i was 6 or 7 years old) and I was walking with a girl who was around my age (at that time back in 1989 or 1990) and we were walking in some weird hall and steps....there was a BUNCH of different home fixtures on the ceiling with a bunh of switches....most of them were on (it looked kinda like a lighting store but it wasn't one...)

We walked and laughed there was a lot of dinner table lights hanging on the ceiling and some flushed fixtures and I saw one light that looked like my old house kitchen light (which in real life has 2 U tube 40 watt lamps) but in the dream it had 4 F20T12 lamps and I pressed the switch which made the light turn on rapid start (2 ballast version) and the girl tried to turn on a 70s- 80s style pedent big globe lamp...by flicking switch ( and i heard the clicking ) and it didnt work......she kept flipping but didn't work.....

thats all I remember...

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 08:20:29 AM » Author: lightman64
Cool dream Jace!

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 02:48:55 AM » Author: DaveMan
I have had so many dreams involving lighting. A lot of them featured new fixtures that don't exist in real life, or actually they were older fixtures in the dreams. Examples of this include types of wraparounds or suspended deco fixtures. I will share them periodically as I remember them. Anyways the first one that comes to mind happened when I was a kid. I actually dreamed about spiral shaped CFL's before they came out, only in my dreams they were halophosphate cool white and preheat. I know they were preheat cause I turned the one I saw on and off a couple of times. It was in a pendant fixture with a white glass globe that had a hole cutout in the bottom so I could see the lamp. Then years later, spiral CFL's came out in real life. However, if they made spiral CFL's like the ones in my dreams, I think that would be a significant improvement over the CFL we see! Anyways more dreams are to come as I remember them. I might also do some drawings of fixtures I saw in dreams and if I do that, I'd be happy to upload them here.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies