Author Topic: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion  (Read 1601 times)
Coolc1234

View Posts
View Gallery

Street_lights_usa
Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « on: November 26, 2020, 04:05:46 PM » Author: Coolc1234
Personally on my opinion, I would think GE "General Electric" so far, what's your opinion

Led street lights are the new aliens!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 04:26:26 PM » Author: AngryHorse
No contest for me, Philips and Holophane  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 04:56:46 PM » Author: Rommie
Am I allowed to say "None of the above"  :mrg: :lol: :P

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 05:17:05 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Admins prerogative  ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 05:30:15 PM » Author: Rommie
Admins prerogative  ;D
Ah, but I wouldn't want to abuse the privilege  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 05:54:45 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
For me I would say AEL.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 07:06:38 PM » Author: HPS_250
I don’t like LED, but Leotek is the worst. Maybe there isn’t a “good quality” LED street light yet.  ;D

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 08:20:50 PM » Author: Ash
Gaash. They at least tried (in a few specific models) to give it decent, HID-like reflector optics that actually work, and not a panel of lenses like all the others

But the light those things put out is still LED light with all the same spectrum, and the glare is still higher than equivalent HID (even than the HID lanterns that use the exact same reflector), so while probably one of the best LED, it is no match to HID
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 04:10:01 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
So far I've only experienced the GE and the Philips (now Signify, bummer) Both have been very good around here. 
My community replaced 400+ HPS cobra heads with the then Philips Road Focus and the results have been very good.  If we have had any driver failures I'm betting there has been less than 5 or so.  The biggest issue we have is underground wiring faults which cause blown fuses so no power, or limited power getting to the driver, which in turn causes the fixture to flicker.  We have had a few of those, but that is to be expected with how shallow the underground lines are here.  The Road Focus were installed as 4000K, but they took on a slight green hue over the past few years.  Not significant, but you can notice it.  I do like it, as it gives it a slight Mercury Vapor look.  Haven't seen very many Leotek's around here yet,

A few municipalities went with the CREE LEDway 4000K and these have had higher failure rates as well as significant phasing to greenish color.  (Colorado Springs utilities installed a bunch of these a number of years back and most that were installed back then now look like mercury vapor, they no longer install these) 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 05:24:58 AM » Author: Michael
Philips for sure! Since they source the electronic drivers from Poland they seems to be very reliable with almost no issues. The earlier models with ballasts from the Mexican factory fail more often.

Schréder and Osram - Siteco are not bad but I.M.O. They tend to fail more often than Philips. What’s also good are the AseTronic Aselight lanterns which are made locally.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 11:37:53 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
AEL, GE, Philips, cree is ok and so is leotek.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 09:43:44 AM » Author: Cole D.
Leotek to me seems very cheapo, although I haven't seen them in person.

I think AEL fixtures seem good, the ATB0 and ATB2 are nice. I think the ATBX are the nicest looking and look more like regular HID cobras, the problem is here they use the lowest wattage ones and they are dimmer than the HPS fixtures they replace.

The Cooper ones that use the same housing as HID fixtures look nice, but again haven't experienced these in person.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Which Brand company makes quality Led street lighting in your opinion « Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 09:09:35 PM » Author: 589
I like RAB. They make a 2000k CT version of their triboro.

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies