Author Topic: Look at this article, (...) idea?  (Read 2101 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Look at this article, (...) idea? « on: April 11, 2009, 11:41:46 AM » Author: Silverliner
Check this link out:

http://www.ecoearth.info/shared/reader/welcome.aspx?linkid=123148

Imagine getting in trouble just to leave the light on?

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Look at this article, (...) idea? « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 12:12:23 PM » Author: lightman64
What idiot thought of that idea? ??? A SWAT team for leaving lights on? I guess Fisher Pierce Anti Terrorist PC's are good, so the SWAT team won't shoot at dayburners with AK-47's, just because they don't turn off!!    ;)

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Look at this article, (...) idea? « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 12:44:50 AM » Author: don93s
I agree that this is plain sick! There are much bigger problems in the world for governments to address than leaving a light on. The problem I see is how far will they go with this? Soon every part of your life will be controlled by someone else and, for example, you will be forced to go to bed at a certain time because all lights will have to be off after a certain time. I'm sure the list would go on.
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Look at this article, (...) idea? « Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 10:05:58 AM » Author: FGS
Jeez, what is this world coming to? Don't wanna know what will happen to us collectors. :o Secret basements anyone? (To hide our fine collection.)

Best buy one of those stiff foam used for poster projects. Cut it to size and install over the windows where we are likely to light up our high powered lights. SWAT won't see the light.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 10:15:08 AM by FGS » Logged

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Look at this article, (...) idea? « Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:51:55 AM » Author: sparkie
You can just imagine them being like the ARP wardens from the WWII blackout days -

"OI!! PUT THAT BL*#@Y LIGHT OUT!!"

bluelights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Look at this article, (...) idea? « Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 01:59:19 PM » Author: bluelights
This is a joke right?

"The orange cloud looks like floating nuclear waste."
Save the mercury lamp

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Look at this article, (...) idea? « Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 02:39:15 PM » Author: lite_lover
It came out Apr. 1st, could be an april fools?

The brighter the better.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Look at this article, (...) idea? « Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 07:16:10 PM » Author: FGS
Please let it be some sick april fools joke. They government who is thinking of implementing that law will face some serious opposition for sure. (Sure it will turn ugly. No ones like their freedom being snatched away.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 07:18:43 PM by FGS » Logged

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

chapman84
Re: Look at this article, (...) idea? « Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 12:51:42 PM » Author: chapman84
I though the government was supposed to protect peoples' rights, not be a nanny.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies